Anybody running 235/80/17’s on a full size?

Grassland

Cooper ST Maxx, my favorite tire ever. It was a 235/80/17 and they were the loudest set I’ve ever had. Weird
Ah ok.
Good to know. Crazy the difference tread width can play on a tire design. I like relatively narrow tires so I'll keep that in mind.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I'm not real crazy about the "pizza cutter" look but if you guys are running 235 or 245 tires on full size trucks it makes me feel better about wanting to change from my current 275/65/18 Wrangler Kevlar tires to a slightly narrower 265/70/18 size. I was worried that going to a skinnier tire might compromise some stability but if you guys are running 235s or 245s without issue then I don't think I'll have a problem.

The Wrangler Kevlar tires that came on the F-150 aren't the worst, but they're terrible in snow (despite having the "snowflake" rating) so I'm determined to replace them before Winter hits this year. Will most likely go back to the Falken Wildpeak AT3W that I had on my Suburban.

huntsonora

Explorer
I'm not real crazy about the "pizza cutter" look but if you guys are running 235 or 245 tires on full size trucks it makes me feel better about wanting to change from my current 275/65/18 Wrangler Kevlar tires to a slightly narrower 265/70/18 size. I was worried that going to a skinnier tire might compromise some stability but if you guys are running 235s or 245s without issue then I don't think I'll have a problem.

The Wrangler Kevlar tires that came on the F-150 aren't the worst, but they're terrible in snow (despite having the "snowflake" rating) so I'm determined to replace them before Winter hits this year. Will most likely go back to the Falken Wildpeak AT3W that I had on my Suburban.

I've been running 235's on my 3rd gen 4 runner, 235's, 255's and the 265's on my 1st gen Tundra and now the 245/75 on my f150 and much prefer the taller narrower tire. it doesn't impact mileage because they aren't as heavy as other sizes and they run great. I had never had an issue with noise with the st maxx tires until now. Maybe the aluminum body trucks are a little louder? I don't know but it was an issue for sure. I don't care about looks as much as I do how well they work

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I tried to run 235/80 17 load range E blizzaks on my 2500 but discount tire said they weren’t rates for the weight.
I run 265’s instead, in the winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94