anybody make a roof mounted light bar setup?

i see all these guys with roof mounted light bars on their pickups/jeeps etc, does anyone make a light bar mount for the roof that isn't part of a roof rack?

they should.

nobodyhome

Adventurer
Hey Village, there are a TON of light bars out there and for under $100. It depends on your vehicle and how handy you are in adapting brackets. What are you looking to put it on?

itd be for my 2006 e-150, my google **** isn't working too well and I haven't seen any pics/write ups on what to adapt. I do realize I probably don't need a 50+ inch light bar on my roof, might sneak one into my grill, which is NABD for me to do.

KYC

Adventurer
You can use a gutter mounted one or one that fits on the windshield (brackets fit inside front doors)

This is really doable and is on my list of things to do. Pretty cheap if you don't use a lightbar named Rigid.

Do you have a F150 you can measure? how different are van roof shapes from the PUs?

i could find an f150 to measure, id bet the roof leading edge is similar in shape, though i imagine the A pillar/roof angles are different.

after thinking, i don't think i want a big ol light up there, will do my headlight mod first (hella euro lights, relays, and better bulbs) then see if i "need" a light bar, since it'd only be for about 10% of the time i need more light out in the desert

Navi

Adventurer
I think it was @fab_lab on instagram that said the Raptor bracket worked good with his 42" curved led light bar.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I think it was @fab_lab on instagram that said the Raptor bracket worked good with his 42" curved led light bar.

Correctamundo(save for it's a 52" Rigid RDS bar)! Too bad you have to drill holes into the bottom of the a-pillar though. :(

PhulesAU

Explorer
Just a thought, What about mounting it at the rear of your "hood"? No windshield glare and no loss of roof space.

KYC

Adventurer
Just a thought, What about mounting it at the rear of your "hood"? No windshield glare and no loss of roof space.

I wonder how light would reflect off the hood or vice versa?

I would look cool and would be relatively easy to install though.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
What about a possible issue of the hood contacting the front of the light when the hood is up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles