Anybody heard from Colorado Camper Vans?

Augdog1964

Tried to contact Colorado Camper Vans for the past two weeks... both direct emails and their online message system...

Anybody know if there are any issues? I guess I have to find time to call direct... its just I'm working when they are and its tough to get the phone time...

Thanks!

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
It's a small operation, so it's possible they're not checking the emails, etc. if too busy. Definitely call.

CSG

Explorer
I tried calling them twice over the past week and left a couple messages. No response whatsoever. I run a small business too but I ALWAYS return calls and emails. I had been interested in something from them but I don't do strike three with people.

Randall Dee

Huge Member
I sent them an email about a year ago requesting some information on one of their products and followed up with a phone call. No one answered so I left a voice message. I never got a reply on either one.

Augdog1964

Got an email...

I got an email today from Derek... perhaps they are behind??

I plan on getting one of their pop tops... they look better than Sportsmobile, I like the added height...

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
I have no experience with CCV and like the look of their work but have only seen it online, never in person. That being said, I've dealt with lots of small specialty businesses and in my experience the ones that don't return my first call or email aren't worth dealing with. I understand being busy and things getting delayed but there's no excuse for things getting lost. I treat every call or email like a sale. If you don't return them, that's money lost. Not all interactions will result in sales directly but one way or another, how you treat people will determine your success, even if just by degrees. Even just a warranty service request handled promptly can lead to a word-of-mouth sale thanks to a satisfied customer. A small business that's too busy to do business is not a sign of success. That's an indication of poor management.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
We've repaired some of his work, have a few pics in our bad/poor work album on Facebook. I'll let the pics speak for themselves. I've also had several conversations with guys that have his suspension and the DW that goes with it.

This was recently finished work when I took the pic. The van literally drove from CO to us in NC for suspension work when we found this.

1397969_691653514187213_104670043_o.jpg

HOT wires hanging out in the wheel well, wired directly to the aux battery box. Which was made of wood and not sealed, could see daylight thru the van floor.

1401184_691667894185775_563453898_o.jpg

702krawler

Adventurer
If a company won't return your call/email when you're looking to buy something, imagine how much trouble you will have getting their attention post sale when you need help with something.

I have no experience with them at all, but based on their behaviors described above, I'd avoid them like the plague.

CSG

Explorer
That was my conclusion too. Lack of follow-up to a sales call, issues of poor workmanship posted, and a number of other companies to choose from. Website isn't very helpful either. Why bother?

The internet and forums are a wonderful thing. You can learn about a business like this by the unfortunate experience of others.

Based on the experience of myself and others, I try not to do business with anybody that can't take time out of their work day to respond to an email. As one of the above posters said, every answered email is a potential sale. A business that does not care enough to provide customer service does not CARE. They will gladly take your money and provide little else, if anything in return.

There are plenty of mom and pop businesses out there that are excellent to deal with. Non response of emails and non returned phone calls, that is an ominous clue to be considered before sending any money.

Last edited:

bruno2000

I order a lift kit from them a month ago they been sending the kit by parts still waiting on shocks and u bolts. Been trying to call them to find out about the rest of my kit , no answerd im getting real frustrated . Does anybody knows where can I get the u bolts is gonna be a 6 inch lift . I guess gonna try to contac chris ujoint , I wish he will do a lift kit for us that want to lift our 2wd

Augdog1964

Too Bad

That's too bad, because their pop up top, IMHO is the best there is... provides the advantages of both the fixed top, and the pop up, and the biggest bed in its class.

I hope this is temporary... I want to get the high pop top from them installed soon.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I order a lift kit from them a month ago they been sending the kit by parts still waiting on shocks and u bolts. Been trying to call them to find out about the rest of my kit , no answerd im getting real frustrated . Does anybody knows where can I get the u bolts is gonna be a 6 inch lift . I guess gonna try to contac chris ujoint , I wish he will do a lift kit for us that want to lift our 2wd

I would recommend Action Van for a 2wd lift. We have rear u-bolts for our rear 6" spring, are you getting springs or giant blocks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior