Any thoughts on the National Luna portable power pack?

colotaco

Adventurer
I've been looking at the National Luna portable power pack for my Tacoma w/ flippac. Want to be able to run lights in the flippac at night and have power to recharge laptop, phone, ipad. Anybody here have one or know of one?

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
We install a fair number of these in our Habitat's to power the auxiliary electronics. Functions very well and is easy to install. Run the 4 gauge wire back from the starter battery to the unit and you have a fully functioning dual battery set up. The Power Pack is connected via an Anderson connector so it's removable. If you have a second vehicle you want to put it in all you need to do is wire it with 4 gauge and an Anderson connector and you are ready to go.

dirtlimo

Observer
Appears to be quite a few members on here with good results with them. I have an Arkpak, both look like good choices.

pluton

Adventurer
I've had mine going on 5 years. I only put it in the vehicle for camping trips, held down with ratchet strap to the floor tie downs in the back section of the 4runner. It still works fine. Get the remote monitor so you can watch it work as you drive. I made a couple 2.5' 4 GA jumpers with an Anderson connector at one end and ring terminals at the other; this will allow me to bypass the Luna PPP if it ever 'goes nuts' or fails. I have one of the old Diehard Platinum AGM Group 34 batteries in it. I'd love to put a Group 31 in it someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94