any sw idaho members interested in a 99 rodeo?

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
99 Isuzu rodeo with a possible rod knock/seize. I haven’t heard it personally, but wife said it won’t crank at all and owner heard a knock before he pulled over and checked oil, which didn’t register on the stick. Owner has joined the military and in the next 2-3 weeks will be shipped off to basic and has no time to mess with it. He plans on taking it to the local pick-n-pull or the recyclers.

reason I’m posting is I hate seeing a capable vehicle with a real low gear get parted out or just crushed when there’s possibly an enthusiast close enough to utilize it in some form or another.

Anyone local to the boise area that wants it or knows someone that might want it? All he would be asking is whatever the recycling place or Jalopy would give him.

or is there someplace else I should post so this thing isnt wasted? I’d take it myself but we already have 5 cars between me and the wife.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
Apparently not. There was a lifted Cherokee at the last one that was making me work overtime. Surprised me. honestly the taller rigs are fine once the surface is either watered down or churned. Nothing to adhere to, but I did hear his girl say that they got up on 2 wheels a few times. Sounds like the rutted surface started causing issues and they parked it and did a few laps in the loaner cars to close the day out. I’d had 21 laps by then and was ready to leave.

The start and finish are at the top of a hill, so the cars with some torque were actually able to accelerate up to the finish where my little 1.6 was struggling. Not sure what a Cherokee weighs, but looks like the rodeos weight right about 4k. Would you put another stocker motor or swap/boost?

utherjorge

Observer
If I were closer, I would snatch it in a heartbeat for a variety of things. I have an amigo in good shape, but need some knickknacks....but have larger plans for some other things and might look to use a Rodeo to give it a shot.

On the off chance it still exists...does it have a cigarette lighter in the rearmost cargo section? Or...really what I need, a blank to cover a hole that would be one?

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
Vehicle isn’t in my possession so I can’t answer any of those questions, but I’ve forwarded this thread link to him and hopefully he will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles