Any recommendations on pre built doors and windows?

Flameffects

Observer
I need my side door and windows before I start framing my FUSO build. My walls will be 2x2 aluminum so frames need to work with my build. There is lots of doors and windows available but I can't really tell the quality. Anyone with recommendations please speak up. If you really had a bad experience with a product I would like to know that too.

david506th

Adventurer
Outbound For sure. They are worth the investment and by far best quality of what's available. I harsh I had bought my door from them. They also size to your wall size so I was able to meet my exact thickness.

Flameffects

Observer
Outbound For sure. They are worth the investment and by far best quality of what's available. I harsh I had bought my door from them. They also size to your wall size so I was able to meet my exact thickness.
What wall thickness are you going with. I am not 100% set but am leaning heavily towards 2".

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Ive (re)built a few RV doors int he past.

There isn't much to them, and building them yourself really lets you build them how they should be built.

The door on my custom camper was built from an old "sticks and staples" door that I nabbed for nothing from the local RV repair shop's scrap pile.

The door closes like an refer door after tearing it apart and doing it right :ylsmoke:

I can post some photos of the process if interested.

Bris31

Adventurer
Ive (re)built a few RV doors int he past.

There isn't much to them, and building them yourself really lets you build them how they should be built.

The door on my custom camper was built from an old "sticks and staples" door that I nabbed for nothing from the local RV repair shop's scrap pile.

The door closes like an refer door after tearing it apart and doing it right :ylsmoke:

I can post some photos of the process if interested.

yes, would like to see the photos!

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
here you go :ylsmoke:

As salvaged from the bone-pile

chassis40.jpg

torn apart for

chassis41.jpg

Then rebuilt using clear hemlock, XPS Foam and PL Premium Adhesive

chassis43.jpg

chassis44.jpg

chassis45.jpg

Skins applied and bonded to the XPS and framing

chassis46.jpg

And epoxy coated

chassis48.jpg

Then painted later and installed in its designated location :sombrero:

chassis238.jpg

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
We are about to bring in acrylic windows and doors. Still working out the finer details but should have pricing and specs available in a couple weeks.

gait

Explorer
I've been playing with diy covers for our Dometic windows. To give some shade when fully open and avoid re-radiation of heat. Hadn't thought of solid, or security. Scratching with acrylic always a problem - I hate polish. Square edges catch tree branches, rounded / chamfered have been better for me.

drudru

Observer
Whatever you do, DON'T go for www.all-rite.com. Long story short: The heavy duty model they make would not even qualify as light duty in my book. Dimensions were messed up. Hinges very low quality. Locks are the cheapest they could find.
I replaced all 4 with home made ones.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles