Any reason to get one of these vans over the other?

socceronly

2012 E250 4.6L
$20,500 US
15,500 miles
4.6L

2009 E350 5.4L
$18,900 US
34,100 Miles
5.4L

Both look like they are short wheelbase.

4x4 Conversion in the fall, so is that a deciding factor on the 250 vs 350 or 4.6 vs 5.4?

Yes, the prices are probably crazy wrt locations XYZ and year 20XX.... but we are where we are....

I kneel before the collective wisdom of EP. Grant me your audience! :):):)

Thanks
Jamie

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Depending on what you master plan for it is I would be leaning towards the 5.4. I have a van with a 5.4 and in the hills it just holds it own. The 4.6 would be a dog. Also the resell would be much higher on the 5.4

mudraider

Adventurer
I have a 4.6 F150 4X4 with 3.55 gearing. Here in flat Florida it does fine, even towing. But once I hit Northern Georgia and the Appalachian Mountains it's a huge turd. Highly recommend going bigger.

Sent from my pretty good android phone

Porkchopexpress

Searching autotrader, I found a lot of new Chevy Express 2500 and Nissan NV vans for about 30K. They are both body on frame like the E series and can both be converted to 4wd. If I was going to spend the time and money on the conversion, I would start with a new van. It will be easier to work on and last longer. If you are financing, you will get a better intrest rate too.

Lilnuts

250 or 350 not a big deal unless your going for the maximum buildout . Most will tell you the 5.4 is preferred over the 4.6
There no long or short wheelbase Ford vans, they are all 138". There is a standard length body and an extended body.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
View attachment 661287

Saw this fine gentleman, and jumped on it.
Sweet, I see you have already been here, https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/e350-10ft-box-van.198271/page-11

The OP mentioned going with electronic shift with the swivel seats, you could also have a manual shift with a short shifter and an extension. Unscrew the shift knob with extension, swivel seat, reinstall shift knob/extension and go.

Those skirts might have advantages for hiding systems.

Been so tempted by one of these myself. Please post a build thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94