Any reason this can't be adapted for van use?

DAV!D

Adventurer
I picked up a 06 diesel E350 pretty cheap and was getting a few parts at a local LKQ. I happened across a 2004 4wd F-350 with leaf spring front end. I never noticed before but the front spring hangers are simply bolted to the frame rails. Is there any real reason this can't be adapted to a van frame for the front hanger mounting point?

hIv0U5l.jpg

za2vSwm.jpg

Betarocker

Adventurer
It's not quite that simple. There are plenty of differences in measurements between the van and p/u.

UJOR is the way to go as the hard work (brain) is already done. I'd lean towards the coil spring version, having had a leaf spring p/u and currently have a coil spring p/u.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Different frame widths & center pin location for the E series. Those are the 2 main reasons.

And, if the truck parts fit the van chassis there would be no need for me or any of the other converters. Glad they don't fit! :)

DAV!D

Adventurer
Different frame widths & center pin location for the E series. Those are the 2 main reasons.

And, if the truck parts fit the van chassis there would be no need for me or any of the other converters. Glad they don't fit! :)

Well there are always people that just want to buy everything ready to go with no work so there will always be a market to sell aftermarket parts like yours. I've always been more interested in trying different things. Kinda like when I put the Pontiac solstice motor in my Syncro. 8)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz