Any opinions on Nitto Tires?

I am replacing my worn out MICHELIN X Radial LT2 tires and plan on replacing it with Nitto Tires' Exo Grappler AWT. What do you guys think of it? I live in Las Vegas and often visit my siblings who are based in San Francisco and Los Angeles.

summerprophet

Adventurer
Two completely different tires. The michelins are mega milers, offering better fuel economy as well as long tread life. The nittos are a soft compound off road tire.
Nittos are popular around here for the rock crawling crowd. I wouldn't buy them of you are primarily doing long highway runs.

Vandy

Adventurer
Take it for what it's worth, but I've always heard nitto wear out quickly. I ran a set of Terra grapplers on my wife H2. It was a mall mobile. Never saw the dirt. I put them on around 40k and sold the truck just shy of 100k with the same set. They where in decent shape and probably would have been on the truck another year if I kept it. I was nothing but happy with them. I've never had any issues with any nitto products. I've run them on several mustangs, my wife H2, my 03 f150 4wd (saw a lot of dirt) and now running them on my ram 3500 drw. Love the way they run

PJPR01

Adventurer
I've gone thru 3 sets of Nitto Terra Grapplers (285/60/18) on my Range Rover Sport, have managed to get about 45K out of each set...they'll get a little noisy towards the end, but they are a soft tire, and great for long hauls even on the highway and excellent for any offroad activity. I'm running a set of Yokohama Geolanders now...no noticeable major difference from the Nittos yet...

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Great service on TG's. On my third set and I finally managed to damage two tires after many, many miles offroad with all three sets. I have done plenty of highway trips including runs from Reno to my parent's house in Arkansas with them and they do just fine for long highway runs.

Jack

Big mike

Adventurer
Buy nitto I now have the trail grappler MT on my jeep 35 12.5 18 . Last set lasted me 64000 miles the ones before on my one ton diesel are still going strong at 48000. These rigs are not just highway and drive way rigs. The truck is used for my ranch and the jeep well it takes me and my chaser everywhere there is to camp and crawl.
I highly recommend these.
Mike

karlmagnum

Observer
The Terra Grapplers wear a bit fast though they offer reliable traction on and off the road. If you are on the highway most of the time, there are other tires better than the Terra grappler.

ckupq

Observer
285-70-17 terra grapplers here. Next set will be a load range E Terra Grappler. I haven't replaced them yet but I'm at 55k now and I'm probably going to replace them somewhere around 65K in the fall.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I am replacing my worn out MICHELIN X Radial LT2 tires and plan on replacing it with Nitto Tires' Exo Grappler AWT. What do you guys think of it? I live in Las Vegas and often visit my siblings who are based in San Francisco and Los Angeles.

I'd consider the Duragrapplers. I talked a guy last week who had squirm issues with his Terra Grapplers on a full size Dodge. Discount swapped them out for DG's. Rock solid he said.
He gave the Terra's 800 miles to break in.

stingray1300

Explorer
Nitto's were 1 of the 2 tires I seriously considered and researched. The other was the Toyo. Partner companies. Bottom line, the Nitto gets the nod for on-road comfort (quieter) while all the owner and professional comparison reviews gave the nod to the Toyos in traction necessary situations.
I bought the Toyos. Couldn't be happier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior