Any love for Patriot Campers here?

ccfdcal

Observer
I just purchased a used Patriot Camper X1, and just thought I’d hop on here and start a thread for people to share their Patriot Campers and maybe some tips and tricks along the way.

Here’s mine. Gotta come up with a name for her.

d1ebabeab8f027a19e0be296736af4f4.jpg

e8a8eafd223e5eaf68289adbe4032b3c.jpg

See ya on the trail.

-Cal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttengineer

Adventurer
If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you pay and how “used” was/is it?

ccfdcal

Observer
It was very well taken care of by a great couple in Salt Lake City. It was listed at $36k. I didn’t pay that much. That’s all I’ll say. I’m happy with my purchase though.

38snubby

I love them. Justin, the owner of Patriot, is awesome. Some good youtube vids of them in the outback using them. They are as good as it gets.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I went camping with folks that just purchased one, it was their first outing with it. It rained most of the time, pretty much everything that could, did leak.

ccfdcal

Observer
That’s a bummer for them. Hopefully I don’t have the same issue. Maybe it was a setup issue.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Congrats on the purchase!

Have owned a loaded X1 since new for 2+ yrs. have been in bad weather more than I can count, wind gusts of 40+mph and never had one drop of rain inside the camper tent or storage areas. We also have 2 large dogs that camp with us, only water inside the tent is from their water bowl.

ccfdcal

Observer
Well our first trip went off without a hitch…for the most part. My wife took the keys for my bike rack out of the rig thinking that they were for something else. So when we got to camp I couldn’t unlock my bikes from the tray. If I hadn’t added a drop hitch extender/adapter I’m not sure what I would have done. We had to pull the pin and take the whole rack and bikes off as one piece I order to get in the back storage compartment. I ended up cutting the locks to get the bikes off the tray. Not a big deal at the end of the day, but frustrating in the moment.

We were rained on a couple days in a row and not a single drop of rain inside. So that’s good.

The mattress is a little thin for my 240 pound frame. I’m going to look into a topper to help things out a bit, but that being said I still slept pretty well.

The kids loved their own room.

I loved the kitchen and grill setup. Fish tacos were bomb.

My next addition will be the pop up shower enclosure and the solar setup.

I can’t wait for the next trip to take it off the grid and utilize it like it is intended.

I’ll keep posting for anyone that cares

Happy trails,
Cal

Cbaur1

Do you know anyone that have modified added a larger Inverter to the X1-N or any of the trailers just ordered the X1-N and the USA model can’t have any thing larger then a 400 watt inverter seems a little low

shnick

Proud owner of a 2021 X-3, and absolutely love it. They're pricey but the quality far surpasses any other off-road trailer on the market by a long shot and that's really what you're paying for.

Reactions: cug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94