Any Intech Discover or Explore owners here?

TrueAt1stLight

I posted over in the Intech thread but didn't get any replies. I'm guessing there aren't a lot of the bigger Intech RV trailer owners here. I've been lusting after a Discover (or possibly an Explore) for use as a Western elk/deer/antelope basecamp. I haven't seen either in-person and think the Explore would be too snug for actually using as a camper as I'm 6'4" and would look like Lurch after a weekend crouching to get in and out. The Discover seems to be the perfect size, except for how tall, long and wide it is... Ok, maybe not the perfect size but I don't plan to drag it up rocky mountain passes and it seems idea for prairie and, gas and logging roads. TIA

LWK

Hello, we bought an Explore last summer and I'm really happy with it. Its not a "4x4 trailer" IMO, but is more than fine on gravel and rough roads. Because its an empty box with the bed tip out I find its a lot more roomy than I thought it would be and you can set up your space how you like. But yes, I would have the same hesitation at your height as I think the interior height is about 5'8"... I'm not on social media but they apparently have a fairly active FB group if you're interested

LWK

We have been in rain but not of the downpour variety, at least not yet. And its been fine. make sure the canvas is pulled down along the outside bottom and the window zippers up and its been good. The unit came with some fairly explicit and detailed instructions from the tent manufacturer which I have followed and so far, so good. I was leery of the tip out as well as I wanted to get AWAY from a tent(!) but its been fine. The mattress is shockingly comfortable and you can control the ventilation with the screen windows so I actually quite like it. I suppose if it was truly miserable weather you could just put the mattress on the floor and sleep there but I havent had to do that yet.

I havent had other trailers to compare but its very quick and easy to set up. Unlock and flip the tip out down, go inside and unzip the retainer, push the frame out and you're ready to toss your pillow and sleeping bag on the mattress and go to sleep. It literally takes maybe a minute.

Wildwilly69

We have an explore and have used in many heavy rain events. We have had no issues with leaks. The extra area you get with the foldout bed is great. We set up a folding table opposite the bed under the window and put gear below and use the table top for items needed. The table can be pulled over to the bed and used for work, games or eating indoors. We really like the trailer. I have upgraded the battery to a lithium battery, victron voltage monitor, And a portable solar panel.

Marxy1030

I posted over in the Intech thread but didn't get any replies. I'm guessing there aren't a lot of the bigger Intech RV trailer owners here. I've been lusting after a Discover (or possibly an Explore) for use as a Western elk/deer/antelope basecamp. I haven't seen either in-person and think the Explore would be too snug for actually using as a camper as I'm 6'4" and would look like Lurch after a weekend crouching to get in and out. The Discover seems to be the perfect size, except for how tall, long and wide it is... Ok, maybe not the perfect size but I don't plan to drag it up rocky mountain passes and it seems idea for prairie and, gas and logging roads. TIA
I picked up an Explore primarily for my extended Western Elk hunts, but also to take the occasional family trips. I'm 6'1" and can't stand inside. It took me a few trip to stop banging my head into the AC unit.... I honestly thought the height would be a bigger issue but I typically am almost exclusively sitting, sleeping, or changing while inside. I too contemplated the discover but ultimately opted for the Explore because I preferred the kitchen outside, and for the smaller box. Western logging roads with overhanging pines tend to close in on you if you get out far enough. Plus you can get the 270 awning on the Explore. The trailer tows fantastic off road, a tad bouncy at times; though more importantly the extra cargo space allows me to toss in 2-3 150 quart coolers for meat on the way home. No more playing Tetris in the bed of the truck. I have contemplated bring a freezer along this year and using a jackery for charging.

I was just in Utah and had 10 days of some of the hardest rain I've personally experienced. Not a single leak, only complaint is if the trailer is level, water will run down the front of the trailer where that removable table attaches and flood. I just put a bucket there last time, but I'll probably cant the trailer back to avoid in the future.

I would suggest immediately adding a Battery monitor... I will eventfully add a Battle Born, but decided to get my moneys worth out of the deep cycle for now. Just dropped 20k+ on a trailer, not eager to drop more yet. I'll just plug the geni in every 3-4 days for a couple hrs and am back up to 100.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles