Any IDPA shooters here?

jpachard

Adventurer
Hello All, anyone do IDPA here? I just started at my club. Loving it but as a newbie I’m looking to learn and get better. So, let’s use this thread to share tips, tricks etc.

What I learned from my first event. I’ve got the accuracy, not the speed. That said, it was my goal to get no procedurals, be safe and watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
My son (20yrs old) and I do both IDPA (which I prefer) and USPSA (which he prefers)...
We just did a big match in Yuma that drew people almost 200 shooters and next weekend is the Arizona State IDPA match in Tucson which we are in.
He shots a G34 in ESP with plenty of tricks, I shoot a G26 in Carry Optics.

IDPA is a game but it is the closest game to everyday carry and since I am a concealed carry person then it is worth the gaming.

Not sure where you are located but if you even come to Phx we would be happy to take you to our practical bays to play.

jpachard

Adventurer
My son (20yrs old) and I do both IDPA (which I prefer) and USPSA (which he prefers)...
We just did a big match in Yuma that drew people almost 200 shooters and next weekend is the Arizona State IDPA match in Tucson which we are in.
He shots a G34 in ESP with plenty of tricks, I shoot a G26 in Carry Optics.

IDPA is a game but it is the closest game to everyday carry and since I am a concealed carry person then it is worth the gaming.

Not sure where you are located but if you even come to Phx we would be happy to take you to our practical bays to play.

Ha! I used to live in AZ(Prescott and Flagpole), now back in CT to take care of my parents. We have a small club so my last event was only 20shooters but it was a great bunch of guys and gals. Thanks for the offer! Glad you get to spend some quality time at the range together. My dad is 84 and we do rifle together as he has a hard time with pistol these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Timcampsallover

Tree top flyer
My friends John and Mas shoot IDPA out of Live Oak FL. John owns Pro Arms. There’s a range in Jacksonville where some matches are held. I’ve been asked to participate but I’m rarely here enough to practice with the team. Based on what I’ve seen 1legance is right that it’s as close to real world situational skills practice as you can get outside of the shoot house. I’ve got another friend who has been trying to get me to attend Glock matches? Anybody know how they compare to IDPA?

robert

Expedition Leader
I shot IPSC then IDPA for a while back in the late '90s, early 2000s. I didn't care for the gaming aspect and rigidity of IPSC then IDPA stared going the same way and I drifted away from it but I was traveling a lot more too. Of the two I defintely preferred IDPA and feel it's much more useful to the average shooter, especially those who choose to carry.

in2b8u

I shoot idpa, I’m new to the game. I shoot it primarily to run my gear, and see what areas I am weak in to improve my self defense.
I only run the gear I carry with.
Good practice, and it gives me practice under stress to test gear, And tactics.

robert

Expedition Leader
I run my idpa glock with scherer mags so I can get better practice on clearance drills under stress.

That's like the Glock equivalent of USA or Triple K mags. Heck, even the Korean Glock magazines work if you clean them up; sometimes they need a spring change too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles