Any Handgun Hunter on here?

silvergrand

Adventurer
KevinNY...I had to stop looking at the rack to steady my shot. Of course the shot was taken under 20 yards (Winchester Black Talon).

65Dormie

Cast bullets are not just for cheap practice, they are all I shoot in the 45 Colt. The local Pep Boys gave me buckets of wheel weights when I asked them, all for free. Add a little tin solder, drop them in water from the mold, and you have perfect hunting bullets.

My .45 Colt has only seen cast bullets. I have had good luck with the Lee 255 grain traditional shape with a slightly larger meplat. Eight grains of Unique works well (but is dirty). New load, as yet untried, is 6.5 grains of HP-38. No luck with HS-6.

Paul

Rupe

Adventurer
Cast bullets are not just for cheap practice, they are all I shoot in the 45 Colt. The local Pep Boys gave me buckets of wheel weights when I asked them, all for free. Add a little tin solder, drop them in water from the mold, and you have perfect hunting bullets.

What was the ratio weight of wheel weight weight to tin weight that you used in casting your bullets?

XL Bar- Good job, congrates on the Two bucks!

rupe

Gone2Baja

Adventurer
I have a super red hawk .44mag and a S&W .41 mag, have been out 4 years in a row and seen plenty of game and killed lots of dirt! Damn pigs just won't stand sill!!

KevinNY

Adventurer
I was looking for something else and came across this pic of my best handgun buck with my .358 JDJ Contender. It is a picture of a picture but you get the idea.

Attachments

• DSCF0102.JPG
    DSCF0102.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 34

ArkansasDon

Observer
I shoot 1st Gen T\C Contender with some custom work done. Chambered in .45 Win Mag. Shot this broken horn buck off my farm @ 26 yards.13932930_1079874528728087_6474731914502685155_n.jpg

ArkansasDon

Observer
I like the T\C Contender, well constructed, accurate & compact. I have a rifle in the 1st Gen Contender that is custom built in 7-30 Waters. The work done on this one was done by MGM Barrels (Match Grade Machine), Bellm T\C, Tony Gettel of Tony's Forends and Grips done the stocks. (shown in photo).
I handload for this rifle, 120gr. Sierra Pro Hunter .284 bullet, using 30-30 Hornady case anneal & neck down to 7mm.
007.JPG

I hunt with a ruger super red hawk in 480, a lot of thump and bang.....275 grain bullets for deer and 405 hard lead cast for dinosaurs ;)

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
I like the T\C Contender, well constructed, accurate & compact. I have a rifle in the 1st Gen Contender that is custom built in 7-30 Waters. The work done on this one was done by MGM Barrels (Match Grade Machine), Bellm T\C, Tony Gettel of Tony's Forends and Grips done the stocks. (shown in photo).
I handload for this rifle, 120gr. Sierra Pro Hunter .284 bullet, using 30-30 Hornady case anneal & neck down to 7mm.
View attachment 482413
Beautiful.

I sold mine to a friend. 7mm TCU. It was/is a shooter. Have a few animals under my belt with it, out to 200 yards.

Teachyboy

I am though I don't currently own what I would consider to be a true hunting rig atm. That being said if taken quite a few animals with my glock 10mm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles