Any Fjällräven fans on here?

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
I have been wearing Fjällräven products since I was a kid. Are there any other fans of Fjällräven on this forum? If so I'd love to hear what you think of the brand and what your favorite items are. I'll tell you mine if you go first.

fjällräven_tiktaalik_small.jpgI

digitaldelay

Explorer
I don't know anything about the brand, but I recently began ordering from Altitude Sports and they carry it. I am always looking for brands that fit me (long arms, long legs). I've found Helly Hansen to be better than most for this. Is Fjallraven similar to HH in regards to fit?

Jason

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
I haven't worn HH for many years but I'm going to say yes. I also have an issue with being tall with long arms and long legs and Fjällräven fits me better than almost any other brand. I've always been a big fan of Filson but their fit is a horrible match for me. I call it t-rex fit (large girth, short arms). Fjällrävens quality is also very high. I like the durability of their their heavier canvas materials and I like that most of them you can wax for waterproofing.

I don't know anything about the brand, but I recently began ordering from Altitude Sports and they carry it. I am always looking for brands that fit me (long arms, long legs). I've found Helly Hansen to be better than most for this. Is Fjallraven similar to HH in regards to fit?

Jason

The Yak

Observer
I have a Fjallraven expedition type shirt. I have had it for probably 15 years and I am pleased with it.

Some years ago I was at a Land Rover show and there was a Fjallraven stand there. I went into the stand wearing a Land Rover baseball cap that was no longer available. The Fjallraven man offered me another shirt free if I would give him my baseball cap! I declined but later when I got home I remembered I had another of these baseball caps anyway and I did rather like the shirts, but too late!

Bob.
The Yak.

digitaldelay

Explorer
I haven't worn HH for many years but I'm going to say yes. I also have an issue with being tall with long arms and long legs and Fjällräven fits me better than almost any other brand. I've always been a big fan of Filson but their fit is a horrible match for me. I call it t-rex fit (large girth, short arms). Fjällrävens quality is also very high. I like the durability of their their heavier canvas materials and I like that most of them you can wax for waterproofing.

This is good info - thanks. So it's more like a European version of Filson. "T-rex fit", that's hilarious :)

Jason

mallthus

Pretty good at some stuff
I would love to wear their stuff, but people my size (XXL-tall, 46" waist) aren't catered to. So I wear inferior clothes to hike, ski, travel, live.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
We just got a new store on Pearl Street in Boulder, Co. and I'm trying to figure out what to buy first! Love this stuff.

H

High Country Nomads

I owned their AKKA Endurance tent for a couple of years and it was bomb proof. Very similar to Hilleberg Tents. I'll probably stop by their store next time I'm near Boulder.

JAvendan

Observer
I bought some pants from TheClymb. Pretty pricey but there was definitely a savings. I really like them. They came with a raw cut so I have to have them hemmed to shorten them but I don't mind as I'll get the proper length.

Joel

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I'm also tall with long limbs but never heard of the Farfrompukin' brand. I'll give them a look; thanks.

JAvendan

Observer
I don't know enough about the product line but look to see if the pants are RAW... you can then have them tailored to you.

Just look at the ends of the pant legs... if they are unfinished then they are RAW.

Joel

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I looked at their website and it's undecipherable metric gibberish. No store close to me.
I'll stick with Duluth Trading and be blue collar. They size in 'Merican.

redneck44

Adventurer
I have one of their Greenland G1000 jackets after reading rave reviews on various bushcrafty type forums.
Fortunately it was discounted (not much though). Despite several waxings it still leaks like a basket (I know, its not sold as waterproof), single row stitching in a lot of places (Carhartt can manage triple row stitching in garments that are a 1/4 of the price), material not as robust as claimed (holed very soon after owning).
Overall vastly over hyped, I've got better gear from army surplus for a tenth of the cost.

p.s. I'm not coming at this from a cheapskate point of view, as I have top of the range North Face, Paramo, Musto etc. the only thing I can think of, is that all the rave reviews come from people not wanting to believe that they have been ripped off quite so badly.

forgot to mention the hood, I don't have a small head or short neck but the hood sits a good 4" off the top of my head, with no pull cord to snug it up, less than useless in any wind

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
We have used quite a bit of their products. Good quality and classic looks, but not full Zookeeper, which is nice.

1920629_10152705894849418_266058000_n.jpg

A shot I took of Sinuhe in Iceland, wearing a little Fjäll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier