Any first-hand experience with Triple Aught Design (TAD)?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Very boutique Gucci gear. They don’t sell anything you can’t get elsewhere for cheaper. 5.11, propper, Hell even condor knocks them off pretty well. If somebody else is buying then maybe. If it’s my money then nah. Parking at the store is also a joke.

My opinion alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are mall/Starbucks wear. Very expensive and seem impractical.
I don't think Condor or others knock them off rather than the opposite.

I have spent a lot of time in the Middle East and South Asia and never had seen anyone, who were working, wear this stuff nor the other "tactical " clothing line like the "tactical" Kitanica line at all.

Last edited:

toddz69

Explorer
Zippers were the weak link in the Stealth Hoodie I had for a few years as well. Mine never failed but you had to be careful zipping it up. TAD is/was a favorite of the website founder for a few years. I'm not sure if he still wears their stuff or not.

Todd Z.

wyoming07

I personally thought the fit was great and the force 10 had well thought out pockets.

I wore a couple pairs of their pants and a couple of shorts over the years. Backpacking for months at a time and also jus as primary shorts off the clock. Probably started buying them back in 2015.

The durability never kept up with the design. And the customer service was pretty fuckin ************ when it came to honoring blowouts and what not. And yeah, go to the Dogpatch store and it makes more sense for sure...

And the price has close to doubled in the last few years.
At the price the pants are these days, I quit buying em a couple years ago. Way too much money, and exponentially more so when you factor in treatment when their gear fails...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Roha

I personally thought the fit was great and the force 10 had well thought out pockets.

I wore a couple pairs of their pants and a couple of shorts over the years. Backpacking for months at a time and also jus as primary shorts off the clock. Probably started buying them back in 2015.

The durability never kept up with the design. And the customer service was pretty fuckin ************ when it came to honoring blowouts and what not. And yeah, go to the Dogpatch store and it makes more sense for sure...

And the price has close to doubled in the last few years.
At the price the pants are these days, I quit buying em a couple years ago. Way too much money, and exponentially more so when you factor in treatment when their gear fails...
Prices really got out of hand in the last years I agree(I still have one of their old hoodies that I use primarily for running those days, it's in my rotation along with 2 Nobulls that I've got from Run United at one point). Used to be an "okay-ish" clothing, now some of the prices are higher than top-notch professional gear. Watch band that Sparse posted is a prime example of complete cluelessness that is happening there

Last edited:

J!m

After a long absence, I'll comment and say that it appears they are riding the wave of "overland cool" and not properly dedicated to their craft.

I can appreciate American made, and being an American that makes stuff, want to support my country where I can. But, if I can't get suitable quality for the asking price, it is false economy. Back when I first asked, it seemed positive. Now, positive in the opposite direction.

Bottom line: not for me at all.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I wore TAD for about a year… Expensive, and better quality and prices with the brands that have been around 20+ yrs. I ended up with 5:11 for work. And it always works great, + I can always get it.

TAD, does limited runs. So when its time to replace something, it can be impossible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke