Any first-hand experience with Triple Aught Design (TAD)?

J!m

As the title says- stuff looks good on their site but I’d like some first hand feedback if anyone uses them. Also alternate vendors you are happy with.

Thanks!

Benbrooks

I’ve bought a bunch of their stuff over the years. Great quality and exactly as described on the site. It’s all top notch. The only downside is that there’s no real exchanges and returns take quite some time, though they do go through.

J!m

Glad you are happy with their quality.

Returns could be an issue but I’d be sure to check actual measurements before ordering.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
As the title says- stuff looks good on their site but I’d like some first hand feedback if anyone uses them. Also alternate vendors you are happy with.

Thanks!
You'll probably laugh but I've been on an Eddie Bauer kick lately. High quality and good customer service.

J!m

I’ve had some EB stuff in the past but I’ll take another look. Thanks!

J!m

Good to hear!

If you get seven years out of something it is essentially 1/7th the purchase price per year- that’s cheap.

Quality is always a wise investment and it great to hear this long term feedback.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I have long arms and legs, to TAD is not a good option for me. I tend to buy the EB tall sizes.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Very boutique Gucci gear. They don’t sell anything you can’t get elsewhere for cheaper. 5.11, propper, Hell even condor knocks them off pretty well. If somebody else is buying then maybe. If it’s my money then nah. Parking at the store is also a joke.

My opinion alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
They allude to Military guys using their clothing . One year in Iraq and two in AFG working with Military at the higher tier levels or at any level . I've never seen anyone wearing TAG clothing.

Most contractors were wearing issue 5.11 , or guys like me wearing Crye.

I've always liked the old school BDU style made by Propper

jpachard

Adventurer
Ive got their ranger fleece jacket and the quality is great. I use it for everything from hiking, shooting, layering for cold etc.

This jacket was made in the US and that is a big bonus for me. My goal is to support businesses that manufacture products here so I’ll admit that sways my purchase. That said not all of their products are made here. I’ve had it for 5 years and it’s holding up great.

Last edited:

daveh

Adventurer
I purchased the Stealth Hoodie LT a couple years ago. I’ve worn it in some pretty bad weather. I’ve noticed plenty of other gear marketed as “waterproof” or “water resistant” that became soaked through after hours of torrential rain. The TAD gear beads water and if worn with a base layer in cold weather does a nice job of helping to retain heat.

J!m

Very boutique Gucci gear. They don’t sell anything you can’t get elsewhere for cheaper. 5.11, propper, Hell even condor knocks them off pretty well. If somebody else is buying then maybe. If it’s my money then nah. Parking at the store is also a joke.

My opinion alone.

If the quality isn’t there, I’m not interested. That said, military operators have a rather different set of requirements. It’s easy enough to get issue stuff if that fits your need. I’m just looking for durable, easy care (wash n stream wring out and dry on a line or hot hood).

I have long arms and legs, to TAD is not a good option for me. I tend to buy the EB tall sizes.

I also suffer from “babbon arms” so this might be a deal breaker. Maybe I can find someone stocking stuff so I can try it on. My “rack suit size” is 42L...

woody.english

Recently had a bad experience with TAD. Over the years pretty much all of the zippers blew out on my older Stealth Hoodie LT jacket. I asked if TAD could help me replace the zippers. TAD Customer Service totally blew me off, and said they don’t do repairs and suggested I contact a local seamstress shop. So much for warranty support. The hard diss of “tough luck” from TAD surprised me. I have worn their jackets and other clothing for years, assuming they’d stand behind their products/warranty. I’m super disappointed. Done with TAD. Buyer beware.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Recently had a bad experience with TAD. Over the years pretty much all of the zippers blew out on my older Stealth Hoodie LT jacket. I asked if TAD could help me replace the zippers. TAD Customer Service totally blew me off, and said they don’t do repairs and suggested I contact a local seamstress shop. So much for warranty support. The hard diss of “tough luck” from TAD surprised me. I have worn their jackets and other clothing for years, assuming they’d stand behind their products/warranty. I’m super disappointed. Done with TAD. Buyer beware.

Having been to the shop I’m not surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles