Any experiences with lockers and CV's

pkelly72

Adventurer
I'm thinking about getting arb air lockers for the front and rear of my p38. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Lockers with a P38 or lockers in general? P38s use the same diff as a newer Defender so it's pretty similar to a standard Rover type, obviously not a direct fit.

If you're asking for opinions on lockers with HD shafts? Yeah...they're pretty fun

pkelly72

Adventurer
Sorry for the lack of clarification. I've run lockers in three different toyotas. Two had e-lockers and one had f&r arb's.

I'm new to land rovers and really looking for input on how the p38 or similar rovers do with a front locker. I'm not as concerned with the rear. In my experience, the front locker is one that will likely fail. Just looking for some real world experience.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
If you're going to put a single locker in, put it in the rear. There's more load on the rear while climbing, and steering is much easier while rear locked vs. front locked

mick968

Observer
Locked and Loaded

I have 97 D1 with ARB's front and rear.Definitely get HD axles and CV's. I have GBR rears and Rovertracks HD axles/CV's up front.The lockers have been pretty much trouble free.I had a airline into the pumpkin come loose once but other than that ARB's are like magic buttons. Some trains of thought are use (lockers)only after all else has failed.I used them whenever I could. Tried to keep undue stress on vehicle by staying out of trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles