Any experience/opinions on Unique refrigerators?

BobsCreek

Adventurer
Looks a lot like those two brands lol.

I was actually looking at getting an Edgestar/etc till I saw that an Engel 43l was only about $650.. I gladly took a slight size reduction to get an Engel.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Pricey in Canada. Ooops, I was wrong. Looking at the wrong model. It's only $749 at Costco in Canada.

Last edited:

kerry

Expedition Leader
The Unique uses a Danfoss/Secop compressor and apparently the Whynter/Edgestar doesn't. How significant is that difference? I've communicated with Bens Discount Supply and there is no shipping charge if you can pick the frig up from one of their warehouses.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Bought a Unique from Ben's Discount Supply. $670 no tax no shipping. Picked it up at M&M Forwarding in Tonawanda NY. Testing as I type.

Attachments

• frig2.jpg
    frig2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 23
  • frig3.jpg
    frig3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 22
  • frig1.jpg
    frig1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 23
  • frig4.jpg
    frig4.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 22
  • frig5.jpg
    frig5.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 22
  • frig6.jpg
    frig6.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 23
  • frig7.jpg
    frig7.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 22
  • frig8.jpg
    frig8.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 22
  • frig9.jpg
    frig9.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 23

kerry

Expedition Leader
Had it running for 6 days. Works fine on 110 volts. Don't have a wattage monitor with me to check consumption. Seems quite nice. Unique claims 2.7 amps average draw while running.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Hooked it up to a small 35ah battery I use for my electric trolling motor. Temperature has been in high 80's during the day and frig was in a hot uninsulated garage. After 26 hours battery is down to 12.2 volts. Was running both sections at 3 degrees Celcius.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Temperature was over 90 degrees yesterday. Frig was on a 35ah battery for 45 1/2 hrs and used 60% of the charge in that time. (battery was at 11.94 volts when I disconnected it) If my math is correct that means it used about .5 amps per hour over that period. Frig only had 6 small water bottles during that time and they were already cold from running it on 110 volts.

DezM

Any long term updates? How’s the fridge holding up? $700 here in Canada makes this a really tempting buy...

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I've got an 80L version on the way. Won't be able to share "long-term" info for a while, but can post my initial impressions when it arrives next week.

I've previously had a 63qt (70L) ARB, and think the Unique fridge is way better value.
What happened to your ARB ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles