Any drone fans around here? Looking for a good source for a 'landing pad' decal

rayra

Expedition Leader
Been intending to get a DJi Spark for several purposes, among them to take along on my drives around the desert southwest. Since I've got a Suburban with a moonroof and a solid roof deck, I'm thinking to sometimes launch and recover the thing by simply sticking it on the roof of the vehicle. So thought it would be entertaining to put a landing pad graphic on the roof deck. I'm building the MkIII version of that deck this weekend.
So anybody have a favorite 'everything drone' website they've used, to recommend?

eta I'm thinking something like a large 'H' in a circle or brackets, in a silver / contrasting tone. This is MkII. MkIII will be a one-piece deck, the same finished color (Rustoleum 'Hammered Finish' Black, which is more of a Gunmetal color).

solarpanelmount85 installed.jpg

zelseman

Observer
DJI_0100.jpg

We launch/land our mavic pro from the roof of our 4runner all the time. I don't know if a landing pad is required. The sell movable landing pads that you could just throw up there while using and stow somewhere in the rig.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Been playing around with a Mavic Air that I just bought - I can land on my truck's hood, but can't take off again, too much mag interference.

Otherwise I haven't thought about a landing pad, my rubber floor mats work fine for keeping the dust and dirt cloud down on takeoff/landing

Kerensky97

Xterra101
If you use the Precision Take Off option it's better to have something high contrast for your landing location. That way if you auto-land it's a bit more accurate in bulls-eyeing your roof without it rising landing on an edge and falling off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne