Any coolers with left side drains?

Elfmaze

Observer
I got VETO'd on a Dometic compressor. So I'm looking for a cooler again. I have 18" deep and 26" to 32" wide(depending if my water jug fits next to it in compartment. BUT, the biggest thing I would like in a new cooler is the ability to drain from the left side... a right side drain faces into my compartment. super annoying. Anyone know of a Ice melter that has a reversible lid or left side drain?

huachuca

Adventurer
My Pelican 45 qt (non wheeled version) has the drain on the left side and is fairly close to your size requirements. I think it’s been discontinued but you may still be able to find one with a bit of searching. Looks like their current 50 qt also drains on the left. FWIW, I’ve had this for several years and been well satisfied. Handles and latch system are much better than most competitors. They also make a 30 qt if the 50 is too large.

Last edited:

Elfmaze

Observer
Thanks, i'll check them out. My local stores did not turn up anything useful but had a friend remind me of RTIC... Looks like they might have dual drains too

dustinxgarrett

#betheadventure
Like someone else posted, the RTIC has drains on both sides and just meets your max dimensions. 18x32 footprint and probably not a hair under. Not sure if you have any height requirements.

Elfmaze

Observer
Height of the shelf above it is 28" with limited ability to slide. One of the things that worries me about the 22 inch tall dometic. The door can only partially open. Makes lifting baskets out difficult.

Tried calling whynter to talk about the fm 62dz and got voicemail three times ?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Height of the shelf above it is 28" with limited ability to slide. One of the things that worries me about the 22 inch tall dometic. The door can only partially open. Makes lifting baskets out difficult.

Tried calling whynter to talk about the fm 62dz and got voicemail three times ?

Build a slide so it clears the shelf and can completely open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior