Any bird hunters?

NH Moto Expo

Adventurer
My Griffon and a pheasant from a late season Kansas hunt. Didn't get any pics of the quail we got into but their numbers were much improved even if the pheasant numbers haven't rebounded.

Kansas2016.jpg

J

JWP58

Looks like El Nino is in full swing. Hopefully with all this moisture the bird numbers are going to be booming this fall....oh how sweet it will be.

Who else is busting out the maps and planning trips?

Grouseman

Adventurer
Bird Hunting

Will I hope to begin chasing birds again this fall. Didn't go last year, way too much work to do. Hopefully I can go to the U.P. to chase Grouse and SD for Roosters. Hopefully, fingers crossed.

Gman

Umtaneum

Adventurer
I was doing a little bit of habitat restoration work a couple of weekends ago, with the Forest Service and the Ruffed Grouse Society. We had a couple of birds flush on our way in to our project, and heard some drumming while we were there. It appears our efforts are bearing fruit, or else it's just a much better grouse year this year.

Umtaneum

Adventurer
Heading out on Saturday morning, going to central South Dakota for pheasants. Not exactly an overland trip, but lots of mud roads after we get there. Last year the Phoenix on the F350 did great in that slippery mud.

Grouseman

Adventurer
Let me get this thread started again. I hunt with Brittanys. I have hunted Ruffs, Bob-whites, Pheasants, Sharptails, Woodcock, over several states. I intend on going to Canada this year for Ruffs, and maybe Sandhill Cranes.

Scott, We spoke several years back about your bird hunting hobbies. Have you had time to get out much?

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Mother Earth opened the grocery store today. Poultry aisle. The 410 still works out on them.

EC17AEE4-F7A4-47B1-A553-3B6E5CFA04E6.jpeg

And then dove breast nachosB40F7F5B-AEFD-4864-8F52-85A502F008AD.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles