Any 2wd vans on the roads to Patagonia?

Sleam

Explorer
Hi folks, I'm looking for inspiration! Are you heading through North, Central and South America in a 2wd van? Know of anyone who has? Can you share their links please?
I'm living in a 2003 dodge b1500 van, converted very simply. Two dogs, one human, no plans. We've done 52,450 miles across the States and into Baja Mexico so far. Wondering if I can keep going? What do you think?

Sleam

Explorer
Hi folks, I'm looking for inspiration! Are you heading through North, Central and South America in a 2wd van? Know of anyone who has? Can you share their links please?
I'm living in a 2003 dodge b1500 van, converted very simply. Two dogs, one human, no plans. We've done 52,450 miles across the States and into Baja Mexico so far. Wondering if I can keep going? What do you think?
20210204_130220.jpg

Joe917

Explorer
You will have no trouble at all traveling The Pan Am and associated routes. You may have to give up some very remote trips but on the whole no problem at all.

Joe917

Explorer
Your biggest problem will be the dogs. Vet certificate, then government office approval, before every border crossing. PITA.
Check out Wicked Campers Patagonia, 2wd POS all over the place, rarely stuck.

sagebrushsea

You will have no trouble at all traveling The Pan Am and associated routes. You may have to give up some very remote trips but on the whole no problem at all.
What Joe says. You'll have to skip some things like going over the Alto Plano via the 'fun' roads and I wouldn't take it out onto the Solar, but in general you'll have no problem, especially if you monitor the weather. Heck, I've seen mini vans driving Bolivia's "Death Road".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier