Another X10 leaving the shop today!

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Another X10 leaving today, this unit is equipped with all of our standard features but has an upgraded battery bank (2 group 31 AGM) and a 2000 watt inverter charger with 320 watts of solar. This is our original floor plan. This unit comes in at 2816 lbs. with 10 gallons of water and 10 liters of diesel in the campers tank. That is 1101 lbs. UNDER GVW, there is 942 lbs. capacity left on the rear axle, and 842 lbs. capacity left on the front axle. Chassis is stock Dodge 3500 SRW pick up with 12 300 GVW.

20170530_102632_resized.jpg

STREGA

Explorer
Very nice. What is the interior height and overall width of the camper if you don't mind me asking.

Jeep

They are 84" wide outside, and 80" high inside. Lighting and vent housings suck up 1 to 1 1/2" in those areas, nice and roomy.

Jeep

Thanks Papawheely! The grey looks really good, a bit of a bear to work with but worth it. I will have some pics up soon, media guy hasn't been fired enough to be fired up about anything, might change that real soon. If he's a good media guy he should be reading this, right?

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
jeep,
I love the design. All business. Side door. Slope tail. Flat bed. Diesel appliances. Same width as our Lance 165-s. What else? Does that flatbed have a pivoting frame?
We need more pix and more info! C'mon, Jeep, make it happen.
I live about 2 miles from Marc, the owner of XP Campers and former German Epicurean Chef. He has quite an ongoing operation.
But i'm still not in love with a hybrid soft/hard side camper for 4 season and stealth travel. Notice I said travel. Jeanie and I are remote travelers with a lot of experience, off-road, so your design seems very doable for that style.
jeff reynolds, aka jefe

draaronr

Adventurer
jeep,
I love the design. All business. Side door. Slope tail. Flat bed. Diesel appliances. Same width as our Lance 165-s. What else? Does that flatbed have a pivoting frame?
I live about 2 miles from Marc, the owner of XP Campers and former German Epicurean Chef. He has quite an ongoing operation.
But i'm still not in love with a hybrid soft/hard side camper for 4 season and stealth travel. Notice I said travel. Jeanie and I are remote travelers with a lot of experience, off-road, so your design seems very doable for that style.
jeff reynolds, aka jefe

how does that camper shell do on roads like that? how many miles of rough roads?

c7train

Observer
I noticed you gave weight for 10 gallons of water, is that because that's what it had in it at the time you weighed it, or is that the amount of fresh water it holds?

Jeep

I noticed you gave weight for 10 gallons of water, is that because that's what it had in it at the time you weighed it, or is that the amount of fresh water it holds?

15 gallons gets put in to pressure test, approx. 10 gallons of that is left, holds 42 imperial gallons.

Jeep

jeep,
jeff reynolds, aka jefe

:)

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
jeep, looks good. A basic tool. Can you post a list of accoutrements? Weight. Tanks. A basic rundown on the construction parameters. How is it attached? or maybe I missed the link.
jefe
Riding out a flash flood in Death Valley:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94