Another Van Build... E350 V10 4x4 & Cargo Trailer

another_mike

Adventurer
Just read the whole thread, I like your build! I’m gonna borrow some inspiration from your rear storage locker. I ride motos too and always wind up with crap strewn all over the floor of the van. I’ve toyed with the idea of a small trailer too.

I just added pop out windows to my van too, makes a huge difference sleeping in it at night. Looks like you’ve got some screens for yours, what’d you use?

Also, if you’re back in Colorado with the dirtbike again check out Calico trail outside Rico. It’s rowdy! Starts super steep in the trees and then winds up following alpine ridges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ill be in Colorado again this summer but will probably be limited on where I go because a friend im going with has a RV with barely any ground clearance.

If you're in a small camper like a van and dirt bike, a trailer is definitely the way to go. Ive already done 3 trips with this trailer and it gives me that great separation between the dirty crap you keep in the trailer and the living space.

The screens im using on the van windows are a mix. The CRL window I installed came with a build in screen. The ones I use on the door's pop out windows is simply a roll of screen I picked up from Home Depot, cut it to size, used a little hot glue to form it at the bottom so it stays flush when the window is out, and held in place with these magnets https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DD5SLLJ/

another_mike

Adventurer
Moving on to the next trailer project, I want to order the water tank, which ill mount under the floor in between the crossmembers of the trailer frame.

Right now those crossmembers give me about 14". I was thinking of removing one and welding one about 6 inches back.. and then using one of these 30 gallon tanks.

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 2.06.36 PM.png

Im leaning toward this tank because it has a sump, and the price isn't bad.

Other tanks I was thinking of using was one of these: https://www.recpro.com/35-gallon-rv-water-tank-48-3-4-x-20-x-9-elkhart-plastics-epi-136w/ This tank is a little more expensive and has no sump, but is larger..

Is that sump going to make a big difference?

i bike

Awesome videos, just watched all three. I like the format of the time lapse with narration over top. Too many #vanlifers out there that just blab at the camera for 20 minutes straight. Looking forward to more, you’ve got me looking at trailers for my moto now!

another_mike

Adventurer
Awesome videos, just watched all three. I like the format of the time lapse with narration over top. Too many #vanlifers out there that just blab at the camera for 20 minutes straight. Looking forward to more, you’ve got me looking at trailers for my moto now!

Thanks!

I agree on how videos are edited. I like videos that get to the point; too much sitting around where no work is being performed makes me lose interest. Its why my intro is so short also.

The narration comes from a couple different necessities.. If I was narrating as I do the work there'd be way too many F-bombs, if I sped up the footage then the audio would also be sped up, and Im often listening to music when I work that would get a video removed from YouTube due to copyright strikes.... and I also find I can't watch videos with audio that isn't "normalized". I like audio that is clear and equal. No high points that can blow out the ear drums...

another_mike

Adventurer
Did another local camping trip into Northern Florida for an annual motorcycle rally that takes place every year. Brought the van and trailer. Temps at night got into the lower 30s. Luckily, I was at a campsite with power and ran a small space heater to remove the chill.

This video I actually have some clips of the inside of the van. I still should probably do a dedicated video on it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior