Another Turbo Diesel Scout

Bella PSD

Explorer
Found another 1980 turbo diesel Scout going up for auction this Saturday in the local Cincinnati area. I have been looking for one off and on for a while. Missed out on a few good ones lately, but this one looks real nice!

Auction ad reads.....2001 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 quad cab SLT dually w/Cummings diesel, fully loaded, leather interior, & only 142,000 miles; hard to find 1980 Scout diesel w/only 91,251 miles; 1978 CJ7 4x4 w/all fiberglass body, removable top, custom bumpers, & new tires w/only 000 miles.......

What say the IH Scout experts? About how much are they going for in this condition?? Most I have seen have been in need of repairs/rust.

Might use this as a SVO or Bio Diesel truck. Just picked up 200 gallons of WVO and am to chicken to run it in my F350 yet...

Thanks again
Louie

080408_001.jpg

080408_002.jpg

silverscout

Adventurer
Wow, looks clean. In the photos you posted you can see the hubs have been up-graded which could mean other items have been upgrade as well. Either way, I’d say it would sell for $3-$5 K.

truck mechanic

Adventurer
If the body mouts are good you would pay between 5 and 6 k in the North east. But I think it looks like junk, grab it for a few hundered and send it out to me for dissposal.
Paul

Bella PSD

Explorer
What do you make of the no side door mirrors??

Also looks to have the original radio and factory digital clock.

Louie

Last edited:

truck mechanic

Adventurer
No mirrors, looks like somewhat new paint. Maby they just could not get up the nerves to drill holes. Look close the clock is oraginal but not dig.
Paul

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
is it just me, or is that gas cap painted too - may be a sign of a low-prep paint job...

still, I would love one of those dizzel scouts some day.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
hmmm - doesn't specify if it is a TD or not, but I assume the ad would mention something about the turbo. Or did they only do that in '81?

truck mechanic

Adventurer
They started putting diesels in Scouts in 76, All na until 1980 then they got the turbo. 1980 was the last year of the Scout. I have heard but not seen proof that the Scout line contued till 81 down in Oz.
Paul

Bella PSD

Explorer
Went for $5,500 plus 3% to the auction plus 6.5% sales tax($6,022.50). Had all new metal in the common rust areas. Was done up ok but not great. I passed on it at that price.

Louie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz