Another Trailer Build

wvtradbow

Observer
I had an idea on how I can support the vestibule on the MOAB tent without tie downs.i put these hinge brackets out of 2" flat metal,so when traveling I can pull the pin and leave the base of the bracket attached..

Buffalobwana

Observer
I have a decision to make,the tongue appears to be short,never making one of these before,I don't know if there's a standard length it should be,it's 40" now..
Did you ever do anything with the tongue? Your angle on the two bars is very ... flat? Sharp? I guess it depends on which way you are viewing it. It would be a pretty easy fix, and would give you more storage options on the tongue (if you wanted it). I would cut the two bars off, weld new ones on that start at the back of the expanded metal basket, come under the basket, and come forward to about where your hitch is now and meet at a 60 deg angle. Lengthen your tongue, and cover the angled area with diamond plate or expanded metal. Or nothing ...

That's just a suggestion, I don't believe it is necessary. But lengthening it would not be a bad idea. Makes it a little easier to back.

wvtradbow

Observer
I didn't do anything about the angle of the two bars but I did buy the 14" lock & roll trailer side so it added about 12" to the tongue length..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles