Another super single wheel thread. Anyone know about these 20" military wheels.

Fatboyz

Observer
Just spent three weeks on vacation in Mexico and with no TV and the spring weather at home got me planning on my truck. It's at the upfitter getting the roof rack and solar panel rack installed. I'm basically at the point that with my 550 build I stay with stock 19.5's in a 245 70 19.5 or go to 335 80R20 MPT 81. I'm basically at the point that 1st attack are my option for the MPT's. I briefly chatted with western Canadian Rockwell about using 20" military wheels. This is a surplus wheel they sell that the turn the center ring around or front and back tracking. I found 4 of these wheels on Kijiji cheap! THis is the link from the WCC site to this wheel. Anybody have any knowledge?

java

Expedition Leader
Those are likely steel, aluminum mrap wheels are the same design, but much lighter (but still heavy and adapters and boots add almost 100lbs iirc)

Adapters work, but are not perfect for a hubcentric wheel, the bolts just are not precise enough.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fatboyz

Observer
I had hoped to use WCC adapters and bolts. But as seems my quest. The only real route for SRW is 1st Attack. With the 30% exchange on our dollar it sure hurts!

java

Expedition Leader
I had hoped to use WCC adapters and bolts. But as seems my quest. The only real route for SRW is 1st Attack. With the 30% exchange on our dollar it sure hurts!
FWIW The 1st attack seem to be the best after all my research....

Check tho, they may be alu ones! Never know on CL/Kijii

Fatboyz

Observer
You're sure a Buzz kill Gabe! LOL, you must just chuckle when you see my posts! I'm just following right down the path you've already tread! Seriously though, Thanks for the valuable info. Now I'm heading off to the Columbia Ice fields to do some glacier travel and crevasse rescue practice with my team.
Cheers.

Darwin

Explorer
Personally I would just go for the 1st attack and be done, unless money is an issue. They are I believe reasonably priced at around 400 a wheel.

java

Expedition Leader
You're sure a Buzz kill Gabe! LOL, you must just chuckle when you see my posts! I'm just following right down the path you've already tread! Seriously though, Thanks for the valuable info. Now I'm heading off to the Columbia Ice fields to do some glacier travel and crevasse rescue practice with my team.
Cheers.

Sorry to be the buzz kill..... Your 8 lug tho, WAY more options than us 10 lug guys!!

Columbia ice field is awesome, been up there a couple times (once with the truck!) and would love to do some crevasse rescue training! Sounds awesome. Been a long time since I have done any of that.

java

Expedition Leader
Personally I would just go for the 1st attack and be done, unless money is an issue. They are I believe reasonably priced at around 400 a wheel.
Agreed, had I not found the ones I have I would have ordered with 1st attack.

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
the steel military wheels are definitely beastly - when mine arrived i went to grab one off the pallet to put it in my jeep and nearly pulled my arms out of their sockets :)

someday...assuming i actually get this rig on the road and useful ... i'd like to see about upgrading my brakes and maybe regearing b/c the mrap wheels and tires are so much heavier. but that's someday... and someday might never even get here!

java

Expedition Leader
the steel military wheels are definitely beastly - when mine arrived i went to grab one off the pallet to put it in my jeep and nearly pulled my arms out of their sockets :)

someday...assuming i actually get this rig on the road and useful ... i'd like to see about upgrading my brakes and maybe regearing b/c the mrap wheels and tires are so much heavier. but that's someday... and someday might never even get here!
We have faith you will get on the road!!

Fatboyz

Observer
Sorry to be the buzz kill..... Your 8 lug tho, WAY more options than us 10 lug guys!!

Columbia ice field is awesome, been up there a couple times (once with the truck!) and would love to do some crevasse rescue training! Sounds awesome. Been a long time since I have done any of that.

Just got back in. It was a blue bird day, just a little windy up top, but that's pretty normal for that place. Skiing was good. I'm not a great backcountry skier, my fortay is ice climbing.

Thanks for the comments folks. After getting adapters and bolts and hoping things fit, I think in the end I'll be ordering from 1st attack and having them shipped to a Montana shipping outlet and driving to the border to pick them up. What's that saying "buy once and cry just once"?

java

Expedition Leader
Just got back in. It was a blue bird day, just a little windy up top, but that's pretty normal for that place. Skiing was good. I'm not a great backcountry skier, my fortay is ice climbing.

Thanks for the comments folks. After getting adapters and bolts and hoping things fit, I think in the end I'll be ordering from 1st attack and having them shipped to a Montana shipping outlet and driving to the border to pick them up. What's that saying "buy once and cry just once"?
They should be able to make them 8 lug no? No adapters etc needed

Fatboyz

Observer
They should be able to make them 8 lug no? No adapters etc needed

I meant with the military 20" wheels. I'd still need an adapter and bolt kit for each wheel. Yup 1st attack makes an 8 bolt pattern wheel for the 550.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier