Another-nother OVRLND camper build

bgraboyes

So, how did the plan to leave it up work?

I know Jay says not to, but I keep wondering. I have Jay’s version, and have wondered if I added Velcro on the bottom whether it would work.

Does the top of the thermal material mate to the loop that Jay has installed that rests on the top rail bulb seal when the lid is down, or did you attach to your headliner and not to Jay’s velcro loop?

How do the front rear pieces deal with the lift mechanism? do they fit inside it when closed?

Thanks!
The plan to leave it up works fine. I do live in Idaho though and it’s pretty dry most of the time. If I lived somewhere more humid I would be a little bit nervous about mold/wetness being trapped.

I completely removed the loop that was installed and installed my headliner there which is made of carpet material and the thermal pack just attaches to the carpet with a strip of hook sewed on. It’s in a pretty similar position to being attached directly to the loop that was already there though. I’ve had no problems with water intrusion etc.

The front and rear pieces fit inside just fine. I’m not sure what material Jay is using/if it’s as thin as mine. But I haven’t really had problems with it closing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier