Another FWC in the wind thread... whats the Flap Factor on a FWC?

ramblinChet

This past weekend I found a spot on top of Penn's Creek Mountain and it was pretty gusty. Maybe 20-30 MPH gusts for hours. The FWC made some noise but I would not call it flapping, per se. The sound was not enough to really distract me to any significant degree and I slept quite well.

2021-11-14_07.15.29.jpeg

BajaSurfRig

I have had mine open in 50 to 60 mph winds down in Baja and slept like a baby. I’d say the flap factor is maybe 1-3. With gas struts and the lift panels I don’t worry about the FWC collapsing on itself. This is the best camper set up I have had so far and I have owned hi shells, Callens and big Lance campers.

slowtwitch

Adventurer
Finally got some nights in the wind with the camper. Pleasantly surprised with how solid and quiet it was. The buckles banging on the sides was more of a noise issue than the pop up.

ramblinChet

I have been spending time in Boca Chica Beach where the Rio Grande empties into the Gulf of Mexico. My easiest solution to minimizing wind noise is to point my nose into the wind. It also saves the read door from being flung open when entering or existing the camper.

image000000(86).jpg

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
I've done two nights in my buddy's 4wc at the Neck camp above the Maze/Orange Cliffs in some of the most intense winds I've ever experienced. Consistent 60 to 70mph with gusts much higher. Solid. Noisy but it would have been noisy in a hard wall that night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94