Another FWC in Oregon

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
I was looking through the local Craigslist last night and spotted this ad for an FWC camper in Salem, OR. No indication what year, and I'm not familiar with the Grandby model, but it appears to be in nice condition.

http://salem.craigslist.org/rvs/764701853.html

If someone here is interested I would be willing to go take a look at it and take more photos for you. Not knowing much about FWC campers, I would ask that you call the guy first and ask your questions directly before I go out there. If you're from far outside this area, I may be able to locate some storage for a limited time if you buy it.

When it says 60" wide, does that mean overall width or width between the fenders in the pickup box? Seems pretty narrow for overall width, but awfully large for a standard pickup box.

JP

Last edited:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
That's an odd one at first glance because the vinyl sides look newer but the interior fabric looks older....? And it shows a window on the front drivers side but from the interior pic there appears to be a fridge there.

They switched to the gray vinyl side liner (from the khaki/tan color) in the mid-late '90's, but that interior fabric screams 80's, if not earlier. Could have been recovered I suppose....

The 60" width is the measurement for the portion where it will be sitting in the tailgate opening and yes, between the wheel wells. Most models for Toyotas are 58" wide and some other models are 64" wide.

Good find and a generous offer for anyone looking in the PNW.

:beer:

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
kcowyo said:
That's an odd one at first glance because the vinyl sides look newer but the interior fabric looks older....? And it shows a window on the front drivers side but from the interior pic there appears to be a fridge there.
I think what you're seeing is not a window but the access panel at the back of the fridge. I do see a window in the vinyl above the fridge.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I'm pretty sure it's a window as that was an option on a few older models. I can't recall seeing any model with an exterior fridge panel access. I could be wrong, happens all the time.... ;)

Also the cab over portion appears to be not as thick as on the newer models. They also changed that in the mid 90's sometime as well. They increased the depth of the cabover to allow for thicker sleeping cushions.

Here's a pic of an old Eagle, that looks to be of similar vintage. Sorry for getting dorky trying to determine the age of this unit. It's a hobby.

tn_66_sm.gif

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
Well, . . . it would appear you are right. If I could think up a good reason I'd go look at it and satisfy my curiosity and yours. If I wasn't so RV poor, and had something it would fit, I'd consider buying it myself. I've never had a pop-up camper.

JP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior