Another Chevy Suburban z71 build

champi

Hi !
This is my Suburban Z71 2004.
Current Mod
Tire : BfGoodrich TA KO2 285/75R17
Rear HD Coil Spring Ac Delco
Front and rear 3'' leveling kit
All the mechanical refresh was done last year.
Autohome Colombus RTT
GoXplore 8' awning
50'' cheap led bar

Coming this year.
All the body (remove the rust from Québec)
Install my viair 440p for inboard air
I'm building my Hitch tire carrier for spare tire, trasharoo and my sand ladder
And maybe some drawers

casey.jpg
20190719-181510.jpg20200313-114717.jpg
rtt.jpg

Last edited:

shrineboy

Hi !
This is my Suburban Z71 2004.
Current Mod
Tire : BfGoodrich TA KO2 285/75R17
Rear HD Coil Spring Ac Delco
Front and rear 3'' leveling kit
All the mechanical refresh was done last year.
Autohome Colombus RTT
GoXplore 8' awning
50'' cheap led bar

Coming this year.
All the body (remove the rust from Québec)
Install my viair 440p for inboard air
I'm building my Hitch tire carrier for spare tire, trasharoo and my sand ladder
And maybe some drawers

View attachment 576787
View attachment 576790View attachment 576791
View attachment 576804
Did you put led rope lights under your rtt?

rayra

Expedition Leader
Hadnt seen an rtt on a Sub. Looks roomier.
Have you picked the spot for the vlair440?
Aux battery is easy.

champi

Hadnt seen an rtt on a Sub. Looks roomier.
Have you picked the spot for the vlair440?
Aux battery is easy.
I still hesitate between there, or in the rear drawers. The 2 are close to my 12v. So I'm thinking about that.
The RTT is a large, so the matress have +- 62'' width

rayra

Expedition Leader
sorry, meant adding an aux battery is easy. But yet that would be a good spot for air. I'm considering deleting the rear subwoofer and putting the pump in its place, under the 'breadbox'. Between the speaker grill and pull out tray covering the jack it could breath well enough. And/but my drawer / platform blocks that area. I might actualyl just cut the bottom out of the breadbox and just reach in to operate the pump. But I've got a lot of power arrangements in that corner, would be easy to add remote controls and am considering hard-plumbing air lines to both bumpers anyway.
I already have a small portable air compressor I use for trade work, brad nailing etc, been eyeballing it, considering sacrificing it. Has a sausage tank about 15"Lx6"dia that would fit underneath somewhere and the compressor head could go in the cargo sidewall. And use some large-bore metal brakeline to plumb everything. Air line couplings only have a 1/4" ID anyway,

champi

sorry, meant adding an aux battery is easy. But yet that would be a good spot for air. I'm considering deleting the rear subwoofer and putting the pump in its place, under the 'breadbox'. Between the speaker grill and pull out tray covering the jack it could breath well enough. And/but my drawer / platform blocks that area. I might actualyl just cut the bottom out of the breadbox and just reach in to operate the pump. But I've got a lot of power arrangements in that corner, would be easy to add remote controls and am considering hard-plumbing air lines to both bumpers anyway.
I already have a small portable air compressor I use for trade work, brad nailing etc, been eyeballing it, considering sacrificing it. Has a sausage tank about 15"Lx6"dia that would fit underneath somewhere and the compressor head could go in the cargo sidewall. And use some large-bore metal brakeline to plumb everything. Air line couplings only have a 1/4" ID anyway,
In my suburban the subwoofer is under the central console.
I don't know if the rear left compartment is empty ? If yes...I can install the inverter or the air compressor here.
Sorry my english is not very good, so sometime I don't undertand the good things hehe

rayra

Expedition Leader
Yes, in the back left corner there's a large odd-shaped empty space behind the plastic body panel. The fuel filler takes up some of it. It's in this area

winch135 power module pulled.jpg

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
The only thing under my left rear body panel was a bracket for holding the jack, lug wrench and chock blocks (which I thought was a thoughtful thing to include.) I know this because I had to pull that panel off twice, the first time to install the 12v power outlet and the second time when the power outlet came off the ground after some bouncy road travel and I had to re-attach it. There's LOTS of space under there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier