Another Chassis Conundrum????

Tennmogger

Explorer
So what's the 'up' side of a ginormus truck like an LMTV and a (looks like) tiny camper? Having a heavy duty truck with great camper, later model Alaskan, with less than $20k invested. I can drive a lot for the $100k I saved. Even a 10 ft camper looks small in an LMTV. Still have a 2.5 ft back porch.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
So what's the 'up' side of a ginormus truck like an LMTV and a (looks like) tiny camper? Having a heavy duty truck with great camper, later model Alaskan, with less than $20k invested. I can drive a lot for the $100k I saved. Even a 10 ft camper looks small in an LMTV. Still have a 2.5 ft back porch.

Other than Instagram, Social Media, and “Overland Nerd” oohs and ahhs, there actually isn’t any.. ??‍♂️

The handful of them I do follow on social media area often complaining on the time delays/prices getting parts if something fails.. ummm.. duh..

Some folks just crave “be different” at all costs. For each is own

Thanks for your input, definitely wavering on the re-gear. Just an FYI, I'm going with the 7.3L gasser. Does this change your opinion?

And yes, going with the 4.88 limited slip.
For diesel or gas, I believe there’s a 5.13 gearset available that comes stock on most years F550 originally for gas engines. It could be ideal for either engine with 335 tires. Worth knowing about especially if diffs are going to be worked on anyways for lockers. Except for the fact that lockers don’t seem to exist for later model F550 rear axles, and they change the rear axle incessantly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online