annex customization for lower mount height???

lightfighter

so, I have a 23zero litchfield mounted mid-cab high on a 3rd gen tacoma. the truck is lifted 2 inches, with whatever tire is just short of 285/75-16's.

Everything works great, love love love the setup, EXCEPT....

when we take the kids, they sleep in the annex, on cots. (no kids, the annex stays home).

last night, the annex took on about a gallon of water, because the excess 6-8 inches of fabric wont shed water over the floor edge.

anyone have any ideas on a business that could handle the alterations at the top, so the thing can fit right?

Outside of resewing the annex to a matching height, one idea might be to get some industrial clamps and bunch the fabric at the top. Do it in a way where the top folds over the bottom to prevent pooling. Probably clamp from the inside.

Hoghead

Observer
My CVT came with thick velcro( about 2” wide). On the top of the annex for just that purpose. Anyone who could sew through the tent should be able to sew some strips on for you.

lightfighter

I actually tested the idea of hemming it with a vise grip at each corner while i was drying it yesterday. I hadnt though about using spring clamps inside, but i might just try that next trip. eventually, I hope to find someone to sew it up permanently... i got a referral to a guy that does upholstery and has a background in military tent and rigging sewing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles