Android Tablet for Gaia

Photobug

I have used both Android and Ipad tablets for navigation in other fields. My wife has two older Ipads and I currently am using Android tablets. I have a Galaxy Tab E as my old backup and my current daily driver is the Tab S5E. In my reading, I have found some criticism of Gaia and Android Tablets not being a fully baked medium, or at least people tend to be happier with the IOS platform. I have also read the Android/Gaia issues have been resolved recently.

So my questions are.

What features am I missing or bugs will I encounter with a Android and Gaia combo? Have they been resolved?

My Tab E has been bogging down, just generally moving slowly. I am tempted to wipe it clean, remove all the clutter and reformatting strictly for use as a navigator using Gaia and other nav apps as needed. Because I will be driving either my 9000 lb Ram 2500 or 22 foot RV, there is no need for speed, but want to make sure the tablet is up to the task before I wipe it and buy a case for it. I have a Lenovo Yoga I will be using for back up navigation.

Photobug

One more comment is my wifes Ipads are even older than my Tab E, I do have an external GPS I can use with her pads if IOS is so superior and her Ipads are compatible.

Bonus Gaia question. Which is the best tutorial for learning more about the app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles