AndrewH's Xterra Evolution.

andrewh

/dev/4wd
First time chronicling the 9 year ownership of the largest money pit (said with love and a tear in my eye)
Delivered to me 9 years ago, Pic heavy....

New in 2004
main.php

Lights and rack 05
main.php

First time offroad, still sporting the brush gaurd.
main.php

Sliders, rear tire carrier and snork 05
main.php

main.php

main.php

Trips

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

ecxc poser pic

main.php

My Springs blew out on the way back from PA to NC.

main.php

the repair

main.php

A SAS, new rack and RTT later
main.php

In the garage is Onboard air, rear storage system, 4 hellas for the baja light guard, replacement center console. So much to install, so little time.

More trip pics...

http://www.x-octane.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=4204

Slicky72

Adventurer
That is a beauty, I have too many other hobbies to dedicate that amount of resources into my Xterra. Looks like a great build though. Thanks for sharing.

Allof75

Pathfinder
Awesome X! are you on any other boards? I think I remember admiring an alike vehicle when I was in the market :)

andrewh

/dev/4wd
Awesome X! are you on any other boards? I think I remember admiring an alike vehicle when I was in the market :)

Thanks, it really has been a labor of love.

Encxc (east nc xterra club), xoc for a long while till the great crash, couple of local forums and ecxc when i can make it. Currently the X is in the garage with the interior in pieces, herculine the floorboards from the firewall to underneath the rear seats. Working on a storage system for the rear, making progress on removing all the old sound deadening material which is a major PIA. I removed the rear drivers side seat and keeping the rear passenger. Got 2 boxes of dynamat to cover the rear cargo and roof to keep the sound down. Im lame and am copying expedition xterra for the center console for the CB/HAM setup.

Lots of work before she gets out again. Pics to follow.

andrewh

/dev/4wd
Had some time this weekend to work on the X. Expedition Xterra was the inspiration for the center console. Lost the carpet to a mud pit a few years ago, so decided to herculine the cab. It was a major PIA getting rid of the sound proofing. Probably took me a good month of working weeknds on it to prep it enough for the herculiner to adhere correctly. Right now the center console is in, seats are back in as well. Removed the rear drivers side in preparation for the rear storage. Ran 0 gauge to the accessories in the back.

WP_001108.jpg
WP_001109.jpg
WP_001110.jpg
WP_001114.jpg

Silver dude

Xplorer
Are you going to leave the plastic under seat air ducts in place or are they generally removed when bed lining the floor. Looks great! love the practical stance of the SAS far better then others I've seen. Loved that center console setup as well. Wish I could do something about the door armrest on mine. Long trips especially offroad trips rub my elbows raw.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
What size are the tires you have on it currently?

Love that colour. Almost bought one before I ended up with silver

andrewh

/dev/4wd
Are you going to leave the plastic under seat air ducts in place or are they generally removed when bed lining the floor. Looks great! love the practical stance of the SAS far better then others I've seen. Loved that center console setup as well. Wish I could do something about the door armrest on mine. Long trips especially offroad trips rub my elbows raw.

So im keeping the rear passenger seat in for future offspring/dog seat. I removed the rear drivers side completely as some of my electronics and subwoofer/air tank is going. I chose not to keep the plastic air duct due to that. If you are putting people in the back, I would recommend keeping it, id probably would have herculined the outside of it as well just to keep the look uniform. I have xterra rubber floormats which work well.

Agreed on the door armrest. Retrained myself to just rest my arm on the window sill. Need to get some weathertechs so i can do that when it rains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz