Anderson SB50 and SB175 Connector Mounts

I was searching for flush and surface mount options for Anderson SB50 and SB175 connector, and I thought I would pass along my findings.

I am sure a few folks here are familiar Witt's End line of flush and surface mounts with a majority focus on SB50 line.

PowerWerx recently released a few panel mount options for SB50 connectors. While the flange is flush the connector protrudes from the surface. Not quite what I wanted. I needed flush and also in an SB175 size.

This one kind of surprised me. I haven't used Etsy before but I found some nice products there for the connectors. For those that aren't familiar with Etsy it is a site where users sell handmade and custom items. It is usually arts and craft things. The 3D printer crowd is using it now to promote their items.

Jamdon Gear has created a nice variety of mounts for the connectors. Flush ,surface he even has a bottom cable entry surface mount for those that might want to mount one on the roof or on the side of a camper. Not necessarily weatherproof but does have a dust cover. It might be possible to use one of the environmental boots on the back side. He is located in Australia. That might discourage someone wanting to buy just one with shipping cost exceeding product cost. I need a handful of SB50 and SB175 mounts so it works out for me.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/JamdonGear
il_1140xN.2459602254_a6f1.jpg
il_1140xN.2248471550_ia7v.jpg
il_1140xN.2176726747_6zkx.jpg

Those are a nice idea but I needed something that is flush mount.
Mounting in the rear side panel and wanted something that didn't protrude into the interior space. This is for when the area is empty nothing can damage the connector.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
This mount from Joey (WitsEnd) is as flush as I've seen. Depending on access to rear side of panel you could mount it on the wheel well side of the for flush or even recessed installation.

I need an SB175 back there. Sorry I should have been more specific. The SB50s I need are going to be in a custom battery box I am making. Trying to keep everything flush on the box too. This way the connectors are better protected

adamalli

I need an SB175 back there. Sorry I should have been more specific. The SB50s I need are going to be in a custom battery box I am making. Trying to keep everything flush on the box too. This way the connectors are better protected

I also looked all over the Internet for a flush mount sb175. I ended up buying the one from JamdonGear on etsy and it works perfectly so far. It took three of weeks to receive rom Australia. So far it is holding only had it a couple of months.

Attachments

• 20210202_201215.jpg
    20210202_201215.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 61
In doing some more searching I have found him selling on Ebay and Facebook. I would much rather purchase thru Ebay, One less account to setup. Huge selection on Ebay than anywhere else too.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
I’ve also used the jamdonGear mounts on my chaser to mount a redarc BCDC feed, and planning to add the flush mount version to my cruiser bumper soon to feed it. (As soon as it warms up enough to work on the rig!)

I received an email from him regarding being a US reseller. He said that he is negotiating with several World Wide suppliers. While not good news for me that is great news for everyone else.

Thanks for these links/leads. Been trying to think about how best to mount a SB175 with no cutting or drilling and it's not really easy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior