Anderson Connectors for 12v fridge

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
Hello again!

been doing a lot of research on fridges as I plan on buying a dual zone freezer fridge very soon in the 50l flavor…. I previously had the original ARB classic so I’m familiar with them and wanted to upgrade to something with a little more functionality.

I’m installing a National Luna DC25 power pack in the next week or so and once I get that in place, I’ll start hooking up all of my systems but I’m still somewhat stuck on the fridges…. My question here is, is National Luna the only company that sells power plugs for their fridges with the gray Andersen SB50 connectors as an option?
I’m not too savvy with electrical work so I’m looking for an out of the box option

I feel that would be the most secure connection to the power box as opposed to the hella or cigarette plugs

Any fridge suggestions would be welcomed as well, dual control

Nothing wrong with the hella - National Luna fridges in South Africa all come pre wired with the hella plug. That being said, the Anderson plug is a more positive connection.

john61ct

Adventurer
genuinedealz.com

will make you what ever you need for $1.00 per crimp plus materials.. Usually a much better quality than the pre-made stuff and you get to pick your lengths

But IMO better to buy the crimper and learn to DIY

TwinStick

Explorer
You can't go wrong with Anderson plugs.

We have 2 ARB fridge freezers & I can HIGHLY RECOMMEND the 18', 10 ga wire & locking plug kit from ARB. We had the 50 qt ARB fridge in a 2017 4RUNNER & it almost caught fire because stock wire was not up to the task & melted. I caught it just in time. We were lucky.

Superduty

Adventurer
If you wanna make your own coiled wire using Anderson connectors or whatever.... I used Moroso part number 74123

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
You can't go wrong with Anderson plugs.

We have 2 ARB fridge freezers & I can HIGHLY RECOMMEND the 18', 10 ga wire & locking plug kit from ARB. We had the 50 qt ARB fridge in a 2017 4RUNNER & it almost caught fire because stock wire was not up to the task & melted. I caught it just in time. We were lucky.

this makes me wonder, since I’ll be using a National Luna dc 25 power pack, if I can replace one of the sockets on there with the ARBlocking socket since they appear to be a 29mm outlet… that would take care of the wiring gauge as the wires in there are thick and very minimal travel

National Luna sells an outlet for the Engel fridge which states a twin plug…. Are they the one and the same for the ARB?

jadmt

ignore button user
I know there are fancier fridges but my ARB50 has been stellar. I have used it 24/7 since I got it 6 or 7 years ago. If it is not in my vehicle it is in my house keeping beer cold. It has been on the dusy ershim and all of the Moab trails so it has been treated rough. In my jeeps I ran it solely off the jeep's battery via arb harness and never had an issue. I just wired my power wagon so I can run the arb while I am traveling on the trucks battery (ran the harness directly off the battery to the bed of the truck) and when stopped for more than a day (I am not as trusting of the truck battery for some reason..I recently had the alternator and battery fail under warranty at under a year old and under 9000 miles without ever having any accessories hooked up to the battery) I will use my jackery 1000 which I have run the fridge off of for 4 days in 90-100 degree heat with fridge in the cab of my truck so hotter than ambient outside temps. when I am traveling again I will charge the jackery from the cab accessory port. Some day I will get a solar panel to charge the jackery but until I will be stopping in one place for longer than 4 or 5 days I don't feel the need.C6BD19A6-E580-447C-8B08-A9412CDDEFB2.jpeg

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
I know there are fancier fridges but my ARB50 has been stellar. I have used it 24/7 since I got it 6 or 7 years ago. If it is not in my vehicle it is in my house keeping beer cold. It has been on the dusy ershim and all of the Moab trails so it has been treated rough. In my jeeps I ran it solely off the jeep's battery via arb harness and never had an issue. I just wired my power wagon so I can run the arb while I am traveling on the trucks battery (ran the harness directly off the battery to the bed of the truck) and when stopped for more than a day (I am not as trusting of the truck battery for some reason..I recently had the alternator and battery fail under warranty at under a year old and under 9000 miles without ever having any accessories hooked up to the battery) I will use my jackery 1000 which I have run the fridge off of for 4 days in 90-100 degree heat with fridge in the cab of my truck so hotter than ambient outside temps. when I am traveling again I will charge the jackery from the cab accessory port. Some day I will get a solar panel to charge the jackery but until I will be stopping in one place for longer than 4 or 5 days I don't feel the need.View attachment 678619

I had my old ARB 50 for almost five years and it performed flawlessly and I loved it but now I want the freezer option for when I need to freeze my meat for extended period of time and when I need refrigerated temperatures for my insulin which cannot be frozen… I’ve had a vial freeze in the past even when keeping it in the “warm” part of the ARB and it’s hard to find that balance so with two separate compartments, it’ll be set it and forget it

jadmt

ignore button user
I had my old ARB 50 for almost five years and it performed flawlessly and I loved it but now I want the freezer option for when I need to freeze my meat for extended period of time and when I need refrigerated temperatures for my insulin which cannot be frozen… I’ve had a vial freeze in the past even when keeping it in the “warm” part of the ARB and it’s hard to find that balance so with two separate compartments, it’ll be set it and forget it
I have found if I want to keep meat frozen I just put it on the bottom, just need to remember to move it a day or so before I want to use it. I have never had anything freeze in the upper portion (I think they call it the dairy section or something) I keep it at 32-34F and seems to work well, but I understand there are better fridge/freezer set ups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94