And so it begins....

CodyLX450

Adventurer
I don't have the tent mounted yet...but it will look like this, only sideways off the tent...and not quite as high up.

I'll actually be able to use the ladder!

l_a60a8d812044e891f9d0b9026de79d60.jpg

tmfournier

T.M.Fournier
Good looken

How is the Overland on a cold night? I have never asked anyone that owned one. I am leaning toward the small enclosed trailer since the wife gets cold to easy. A happy wife camping keeps the good times rollen. :wings:

CodyLX450

Adventurer
I haven't owned it long enough to see a cold night as I just got it a few months ago.

Its pretty thick canvas - so keeping the cold wind out, and the heat in shouldn't be a problem.

CodyLX450

Adventurer
I removed the Valley tow hitch and the LX450 plastic on the rear bumper to access the factory pintle mount holes.

I mounted the pintle directly to the bumper and gained a few inches of hitch height, and a few more inches of clearance with the tow hitch removed.

Before:
IMG_0541.jpg

After:
IMG_0542.jpg

Measurement from the ground up...
IMG_0543.jpg

Willman

Nice move Cody!!!

Did you have to beef up the stock bumper at all???

Hows the fitment on those tires coming???

:Astrologist:

CodyLX450

Adventurer
I went to bolt up my 2" spacers today and found out that the included studs/nuts were 14 x 1.5, and I need 12 x 1.5.

After a run to Checker, AutoZone, and Napa - I managed to pick up 12 correct studs and nuts. (why they each only stock like 3-4..I'll never know.)

I fixed that issue and bolted them up - perfect clearance and not too far out:

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

Willman

Hey Cody.......

Hows the trailer coming???

Pictures man...more pictures!!!!:jumping:

If i remember right....you had to get 2" spacers for your wheels to fit....

Question for you........How long is your axle from hub face to hub face not including the spacers???

:chowtime:

Last edited:

CodyLX450

Adventurer
I'll try to get some measurements tomorrow.

I'm having a hell of a time sourcing another LX450 rim which is bringing my progress to a half. :(

Willman

CodyLX450 said:

I'm having a hell of a time sourcing another LX450 rim which is bringing my progress to a half. :(

Bump for Cody!

:)

Willman

CodyLX450 said:

Double Bump for Cody!

:shakin:

:jumping:

CodyLX450

Adventurer
FINALLY!

I won a set of 4 LX450 rims and center caps on ebay after tons of attempts and deals that fell apart for various reasons.

The best part, I got the whole set for $147 shipped!

As soon as they arrive I can get the wheels mounted up and move forward with my fender and trailer lid projects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier