AND she's on the truck! Home-made Alaska custom tiny house built into old Ford F350 diesel!

alaskacreeker

Hey everyone, just wanted to share my project with you! It's a custom built small house I made to slide into the back of my 1996 Ford F350 diesel pickup. Super cozy, I did a write-up on the build. Took me a about a month to design and a little less than 2 months to build. Although folks have been building homes on trucks forever, I couldn't find a ton of great write ups or many folks that built a small home in the back of their truck, so decided to write one up on the process... Enjoy!

pics & write-up on:

www.timmystoyota.blogspot.com

Attachments

• picseward.jpg
    picseward.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 215
  • picseward3.jpg
    picseward3.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 229
  • picsewardside.jpg
    picsewardside.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 222
  • truckcamperINSIDE.jpg
    truckcamperINSIDE.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 228
  • kimberlytruckcamper.jpg
    kimberlytruckcamper.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 212
  • sink:ovencamper.jpg
    sink:ovencamper.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

alaskacreeker

Definitely not foam, 2x4 lower box and corners, 2x3 roof and 2x2 walls, spray foamed inside for winter living. About 2,500 pounds, truck carries it easy;^)

alaskacreeker

I did use plywood on the roof (3/8 plywood), tyvek on top of the plywood, then grace water & ice shield, then the metal roof. The spray foam worked awesome, blocks out all air drafts/makes it air tight and also waterproofs the inside/keeps it from leaking if water were to get through. I feel like it works much better than blue board/foam board like most folks use.

alaskacreeker

I used a kimberly wood stove the last 7 years full timing in my Toyota motorhome before I built this camper, they work awesome, only stove I trust having a fire going while driving down the highway. I ran piping to bring external air directly into the stove so it doesn't use inside air so much.

Rbertalotto

Explorer
"I did use plywood on the roof (3/8 plywood), tyvek on top of the plywood, then grace water & ice shield, then the metal roof. The spray foam worked awesome, blocks out all air drafts/makes it air tight and also waterproofs the inside/keeps it from leaking if water were to get through. I feel like it works much better than blue board/foam board like most folks use. "

Thanks for the reply.....Couldn't you simply apply the step seam roofing directly to the rafters and then spray foam underside, creating a homogeneous panel? No need for plywood, tyyvek and roof seal?

My experience with spray foam is it sticks like crazy to any well cleaned surface.

And....Did you do the foam yourself or did yopu have it done? How hard was it to do overhead?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94