And it begins. Stump XJ's trailer build.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Where's that?
I'd like to weigh mine too.

Its in Orangeburg, South Carolina.... about 4 hours away. I dont think you want to drive that far to save 15bucks? Although you did drive 3 hours for a can of spray paint...so? I was planning on weighing after it gets painted at my Pop's shop, which is also in O'burg. Most big truck stop have scales, it usually costs about 15 bucks to use them I think.

Just make sure y'all stay out of the Jeep when you weigh it, otherwise might be a rude awakening :elkgrin:

Sad, but true.

I just found this shop that's pretty close to your house.
http://www.treadepot.com/tire/76105.html
Is this the size?
They seem to have good prices...
The STT in a 285/75-16 is just $168; might get those for myself. Or the Toyo 255/85-16 for $203.

You officially suck balls. Where were you when I was searching for the cheapest price online for these dang things... that's a steal! They have the 35's for 174.00, thats where I am going when these Intercos wear out. Those are some great prices... Maybe I can pay Eric to slash a couple of my tires so I can justify a new set with the wife...

~James

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Its in Orangeburg, South Carolina.... about 4 hours away. I dont think you want to drive that far to save 15bucks? Although you did drive 3 hours for a can of spray paint...so? I was planning on weighing after it gets painted at my Pop's shop, which is also in O'burg. Most big truck stop have scales, it usually costs about 15 bucks to use them I think.

~James
I've never camped on any of the barrier islands; I want to hang out with the wild horses some time.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
What does Chincoteague Island have to do with Orangeburg? I think I missed something....

:D

~James

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Id love to go... but its an 'extra' 510 miles and 9 hours from my parents place. Not exactly on the way, but in the general direction. Hook me up with a job, then I may be able to afford to do road trips like that soon...:victory:

~James

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
How do I find out who the hiring manager is? I found a few things, but it doesnt list who is hiring for the position.

Also, is there a chart that explains what the pay grades are? I see things that say 'salary grade 53/54' etc etc, but that doesnt tell me much. I am not too picky on salary, but it would be nice to know a ballpark of what the position pays.

Thanks!

~Stump

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
How do I find out who the hiring manager is? I found a few things, but it doesnt list who is hiring for the position.

Also, is there a chart that explains what the pay grades are? I see things that say 'salary grade 53/54' etc etc, but that doesnt tell me much. I am not too picky on salary, but it would be nice to know a ballpark of what the position pays.

Thanks!

~Stump
If you find something, send me the listing number and I'll check it on the employee portal; I get more detail.
And paygrades? Ha. Good luck with figuring that out.....

Look in the O&M stuff; we have 2 new accounts that are about to begin ---- I can't spill the beans in public about who it is; I'll tell you Friday. I'll try to find out if what (if anything) is going to happen locally.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
JCI is hiring? They just added some guys to our facility...Who's your new accounts i want to know..Are you hiring?????
We're killing Stumpy's thread; I'll try to find out from the head-of-the-America's next week how much headcount we're adding.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Got a few more things done on the trailer, and managed to hook it up to my Jeep and drag it outside so I could clean up the shop.

Looks great to me!!!!!! Nice to see all of the hard work and effort turn into something I will hopefully use for years.

Still have quite a long checklist of things to do before its 'finished', but its getting there.

DSCN1638.jpg

DSCN1639.jpg

DSCN1640.jpg

DSCN1641.jpg

DSCN1642.jpg

DSCN1643.jpg

DSCN1644.jpg

DSCN1646.jpg

DSCN1647.jpg

DSCN1648.jpg

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Got the awning system mounted, and it actually works really well so far. Pretty simple but sturdy.

Also found a place to mount my extra shovel and Hi-lift

DSCN1651.jpg

DSCN1649.jpg

Rises up to a normal height of 6'3", but has one more notch to take it up to 6'6" for when Bill is around.

DSCN1652.jpg

DSCN1653.jpg

DSCN1654.jpg

Last edited:

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Fantastic!!

A place for everything and everything in it's place!!

Paint scheme to match the TV?

You did some job in a short period of time....nice workmanship and congratz!:smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior