An.... interesting... cherokee?

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Um - I'm not sure what to make of the obviously professional modifications that have been made to this one - too bad you can't see the brake pedals in the pic, and notice he says nothing about the gas pedal(s)
3n93k33p25Q25W15U5abe506b85f15af11c89.jpg

the ad: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/2060209915.html

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
I saw that same rig on the m715zone a while back. If memory serves me correctly it is a news paper delivery rig, her husband did the mods to it.

Terrainist

Explorer
Set up for some kind of rural delivery of mail, papers, etc. Would almost have to be rural though, can't image driving that in traffic really. A fender bender a day....

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
I remember in California when I was a kid (80's) they had several driving schools with dual steering wheel controls. In my college years I worked at a car dealership in Ilinois that installed a cable links brake petal on the passenger side of vehicles.

Either times change, or the changes are reflected in diferent statutes of the two states.

On a similar note

There seems to be 2 different kinds of postal drivers in my area.

1) The carrier springs for a RHD jeep Wrangler or Subaru.

2) The gutsy ones who sit in the passenger side with the left foot on the gas/brake, and the right arm outstretched the passenger window.

I say whatever works.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
My driver's ed cars had dual steering wheels and a brake pedal for the right side that operated via a cable and two pulleys bolted to the firewall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior