An Important Message - Be Wary Of Allowing People to Your House

I sold a RTT recently through EP and the guy (you know who you are) that purchased it backed into my garage damaging the panels. It was no big deal at the time as accidents happen. His insurance denied the claim because he was in his friend's truck and would not cover the damage due to this. He refused to give his insurance the information of the vehicle he was driving. The guy has hung up on me multiple times and is no longer replying to my voicemails, emails or texts. I informed him that I had his home address and he told me I was "threatening him" by telling him this. I have two calls recorded in my interaction with him. I typically never allow people to come to my house but there were special circumstances, as I was selling a lot of items on this day. I have filed a police report and been speaking to a lawyer. The damage is only around $1k (I provided him a quote from a local garage door repair shop) so its something that could easily be resolved. I had actually had the RTT posted for $3500 and ended up giving him $500 because he was an Autohome fan and I simply just wanted to make space in my garage and get the thing sold. Blows my mind this idiot is being so difficult to deal with as all I want is my garage fixed. I have been in the overlanding community for years and have never had anything like this happen. I was even featured on EP on a previous build.. https://expeditionportal.com/featured-vehicle-fozroamers-subaru-forester/

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 10.12.35 AM

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 10.00.46 AM

Last edited:
Some people have zero manners or respect for the property of others. If you were to do go the same damage to his garage door I'm willing to bet he'd be furious.
Not once did he apologize or show remorse for his actions. Its like as soon as he crashed into my garage door he was trying to avoid any kind of wording that would make him guilty and down playing the damage telling me "at least the garage door still works." The good news is that his insurance told me that he did in fact admit fault.

D

Deleted member 9101

Not once did he apologize or show remorse for his actions. Its like as soon as he crashed into my garage door he was trying to avoid any kind of wording that would make him guilty and down playing the damage telling me "at least the garage door still works." The good news is that his insurance told me that he did in fact admit fault.

He sounds like a true POS. Take him to court and nail him for everything you can.

Dsk28

Just a heads up, recording phone calls without consent in most states is considered a felony (wiretapping). Some people suck, I’ve had someone rear end me before and tell me it didn’t happen LOL.

GTI-88

Best thing you can do in these situations is document everything, which I am sure you already know since you have been doing it. Sucks that such a simple thing has to get so blown out of proportion. I am a young guy and still find myself saying things like "people these days" etc. etc.

Good luck on getting it resolved, and sorry you have to deal with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94