An idea for a fishing pole rack / surf fishing pole holder

rayra

Expedition Leader
Driving today I noticed this rack in the service bed of a work truck.

electric conduit rack.jpg

Gardeners around here usually use PVC pipe clamped to a lumber frame. This appears to be an electrical conduit mounting / suspension rack, with its purpose-made clamps. Same sort of mount would work well for mounting an overhead rack on a trailer or bumper, or a pole holder on a bumper. And when the Mad Max Apocalypse is upon us...

AyatollahofrockandrollA.jpg

Unistrut with pieces of conduit using unistrut conduit clamps - available at any big box home improvement store. Conduit sizes up to 4"

Wilbah

Adventurer
Driving today I noticed this rack in the service bed of a work truck.

electric conduit rack.jpg

Gardeners around here usually use PVC pipe clamped to a lumber frame. This appears to be an electrical conduit mounting / suspension rack, with its purpose-made clamps. Same sort of mount would work well for mounting an overhead rack on a trailer or bumper, or a pole holder on a bumper. And when the Mad Max Apocalypse is upon us...

AyatollahofrockandrollA.jpg
But how will I mount my razor sharp boomerang?

D

Deleted member 9101

I mounted mine under my tonneau cover.508793

Last edited by a moderator:

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Front Runner makes one for snowboards/fishing poles. It's flat on the back and will bolt and/or screw to anything. I have had one sitting around for a couple of years and am finally going to use it for storing an extendable ladder. It locks too.

Overlandtowater

you can stretch a couple of hammock tree straps across the suburban at the roof in the back then you have a slot to hang rods every three inches. you can stretch them tight by bolting them where the coat hangers are. I still have to find a couple of cheap or broken straps to test it out.

Last edited:

Halligan

Adventurer
Google "truck fishing rod holder" and there's many images and ideas to choose from. Some are commercially made units while others are home made. As with anything else there is more than one way to get the job done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles