An expensive Disco 2

Happycoop

Observer
Not mine, great looking rig- spit my coffee everywhere when I saw the asking price.

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/d/2004-landrover-discover-2/6748089333.html
Whenever I see an Instagram account referenced in a sale ad I worry a bit...too many folks think because they get lots of social media attention on a rig that the value skyrockets accordingly (sure, it can happen on a highly unique or well-known rig, but on average it does nothing for the market value of that vehicle).

KillerB

Jeez...yes, worth mentioning here just for the entertainment value of that asking price! Nice rig and all but does seem to have the $20K "social media price increase".

MTSN

Explorer
Rover guys like this crack me up. Completely disconnected from reality in the value of their vehicles. He's asking what a clean 200 series would sell for, whereas in reality he should be looking for under $10k. I'm sure in 6-12 months he'll realize he made a mistake when not one serious buyer has come forward.

Msand

Importer
"has had the engine replaced to solve the head gasket issue" Thats solvable without needing a new engine, some mechanic made a good payday off this guy..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles