Ambulance specific demo help

Rachel821

Hey guys. Almost done with demo. We have tried everything to remove these bolts on the bottom. Any advice? F730A599-7E14-4CEA-B3A0-9BE6EED16116.jpeg8BE1CC38-2F3C-4BFD-B6C5-A2669A205DD0.jpeg

4xchinook4

Observer
Hey guys. Almost done with demo. We have tried everything to remove these bolts on the bottom. Any advice? View attachment 655607View attachment 655609
Have you tried drilling them out? Starting with a small size drill bit. Then finishing them off with a size thats slightly larger than the bolts thread? That way you can "break" the surface contact between the nut and bolt.

P.S. . Use some light weight oil on the tip of the drill bit. To help keep it from dulling quicker while drilling into Steel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Grind the heads off with a flap disc and forget about them?

odds are high that those are stainless and the threads are probably galled like crazy.

unless you need to reuse the holes I would give up and grind them off, but they can be drilled out with patience and a sharp bit. We do it all the time at work.

on closer look, is that a wood floor? They must have nuts on the other side? Can you cut the nut or tighten them until they break?

Rachel821

Grind the heads off with a flap disc and forget about them?

odds are high that those are stainless and the threads are probably galled like crazy.

unless you need to reuse the holes I would give up and grind them off, but they can be drilled out with patience and a sharp bit. We do it all the time at work.

on closer look, is that a wood floor? They must have nuts on the other side? Can you cut the nut or tighten them until they break?

So I told my "handy friend" as he was trying to drill these out "what if attack from the bottom?" and he for some reason didn't think they were bolted to the bottom. For some reason I believed him when logically that does not make sense lol.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
If they are spinning and not coming out, the nut is spinning on the other side. If they won’t spin and are stripping the heads or breaking, the threads are galled and seized. Either way, grind them off.

warejn

Observer
These are for the stretcher/ pram retention system in the patient compartment. They are almost always rusted/ seized. They should have a plate on the bottom of the floor that they bolt through to spread the load on the floor of the ambo.

Like everyone else has said, just grind them off. Maybe you can pound them through. If not, cover them with the floor covering and call it good.

Nice to see you still working hard to your goal!!
If you get frustrated with a specific task don’t mistake misguided efforts for perseverance. I highly encourage you to sleep on all complicated or frustrating problems. Stop task, do another and come back to it. I watched a TED talk A couple of months ago and they discussed how your brain will go into hyper active problem-solving mode when in sleep or deep relaxation. Several Renowned inventors would even take naps to promote problem-solving. I find this true for myself as well.
Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne