AMBOT

AMBOT

Adventurer
AMOBT is currently in stasis until the midwest deep freeze is over, I'll pass on the good words when it is sentient again.

sub-terminal

Ambot,

you are looking good!
How much did the roof fabrication cost? it's watertight? Do you have any more photos of the inside of the roof? I'm planning on doing something similar.... need to move all of the wiring in the roof first! Nice placement of the ARB freezer, I want to do the same although my cabinet is a bit smaller and needs to be changed.

mp_tx

Observer
Did you buy the proprietary and recommended mount for that bed/couch, or were you able to mount it directly to the ambo structure?

AMBOT

Adventurer
Did you buy the proprietary and recommended mount for that bed/couch, or were you able to mount it directly to the ambo structure?

The recommended mount was used. This was because the bed is 80" which is the exact length of the wall, and it could not be guaranteed that it would hit right on a stud for the mounting. It fits perfectly, just a few millimeters away from the back door handle, and up until the side door.

AMBOT

Adventurer
Ambot,

you are looking good!
How much did the roof fabrication cost? it's watertight? Do you have any more photos of the inside of the roof?

The cost will vary by location. Expect 30-35 hours for a quality job. The most expensive part is the single sheet of 12x6 aluminum for the roof. Less seams the better. It is welded and therefore water tight. No additional images available.

sub-terminal

The cost will vary by location. Expect 30-35 hours for a quality job. The most expensive part is the single sheet of 12x6 aluminum for the roof. Less seams the better. It is welded and therefore water tight. No additional images available.

Thanks for the reply. I plan on doing about the same thing as you. What are your thoughts on reusing the cut out section of roof for the new roof? I would like to use it if possible. Love the little alcove for the awning!

AMBOT

Adventurer
What are your thoughts on reusing the cut out section of roof for the new roof?

Something fabricator should have thought of, and would be the thing to do if doing again. You will be insured a flat roof as the skin is glued rather than welded. Just be sure to keep the vertical studs lined up.

AMBOT

Adventurer
AMBOT has cause to use 4WD during a midwest snowstorm.

Just a quick trip to test my abilities while staying close to home base on a snowy Sunday morning before the roads are fully cleared. My parking location is on a side gravel driveway on a slight decline. There is 14-16 inches of snow. Operator engages 4WD (hubs are not locked at this point, Operator has forgot). I move about 3 feet and there is sudden severe grinding and forward movement stops. I'm unable to determine the cause of the failure.

Operator sets me back to 2WD and manages to get me out on the road and boy do I wish I had all 4 tires providing traction as I had trouble tracking my angular momentum and trajectory at times. I did manage to perform an intentional full rotation, I believe "Doughnut" is the term, behind a Walgreen's.

Upon return all attempts failed in returning to my parking location, being uphill, even with some compacted snow tracks to follow.

Operator notifies Chris @ Ujoint Offroad. I do not know what was said but soon I was being diagnosed to narrow the problem, methodically.

My issue appears catastrophic. While I can operate in extreme conditions, my Operator was ill equipped to perform major axle work in this climate, this is why he had Chris do the install in the first place...but he is 10 hours away.

Within days, I found my self just 45 minutes away at Attitude Performance. My axle was examined and a faulty pinion bearing had seized up and wrecked my gears.

Matt @ Attitude fixed what needed fixing and installed a steering stabilizer at my Operators request.

After a full road test by Matt I was on my way back to home base in a week.

Operator issued a currency payment of $187.50 for my new steering stabilizer. All my new parts and Matt's labor were covered by Chris under warranty.

There is an apparent human induced flaw with businesses not standing behind their work after they receive currency for the work performed. Operator was very pleased that Chris provided such great support both prior to and after currency exchange.

Now with my 4WD engaged and hubs locked, I effortlessly plowed through mounds of snow to return to my home base.

The end.

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
I love you Ambot! I wish my Ambo would make the 4x4 conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMBOT

Adventurer
AMBOT has thawed from the deep winter and has begun his energy independence! The 3 solar panels are specified at 480 watts and are mounted using stainless steel spring hinges to allow tilting.

The MaxxFan was also mounted and went in nicely, although it was necessary to relocate it about 6 inches back to make room for solar panel layout.

My panels, alternators and shore power charger will work to feed 2 Trojan 6V L16-AGM 370AH batteries.

My Vanner inverter and accessories have been removed to make way for the rest of the Go Power kit

There is much to do and supplies needed but it looks like there is alot of wire that can be reused, and having the electrical plumbing of an existing inverter will help some, as I can already use the old inverter battery lines to run the Blue Sea ACR back to the main batteries.

In other news I have proven my usefulness as a do-it-all AMBOT by transporting some kitchen cabinet handle drawers used for display at a closing Menards. Try to stick these in your Fuso!

The Ruckus wanted to have a look at my interior and came right in!

That's all for now! AMBOT_OUT

AMBOT

Adventurer
The vision for the spare tire and equipment carrier is coming together well. The fab and rough fit are complete and its off to powder coating.

I can stand on the end of these and there is no deflection what so ever and the motion is butter smooth. Since they will meet up in the middle I'm using 2 hasps to secure them together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles