Amazing story of the OR7 Wolf

REDROVER

Explorer
Came across this great story of the wolf OR7 that crossed to California for a first time after nearly 100 years of last wolf killed,

Hopefully one day we will hear the iconic wolf howling again during camping trips.

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Loves wolves, a totally misunderstood animal. I've had the opportunities to get up close with them and even had one join us (well about 15' back) on a hike in Algonquin Park a few years ago. Stayed with us for over 25 minutes. We often hear them at night in the woods behind our house. Here's a cool video of how Yellowstone was transformed by the re-introduction of wolves. We humans do nothing but screw up Mother Nature.

@REDROVER @Colin Hughes Great share fellas! I'm going to put these up on the TV and add them o my list.

You both bring up good points and although I think there is a conservation portion somewhere in the portal, maybe we can use this THREAD in the Land ROVER area for our own awareness and posting of interesting articles/pics/videos?!?!?!?!

REDROVER

Explorer
something very interesting happens to us about 2 months ago and it’s very awesome and strange,
We went camping, location was in between California and Nevada not far from Walker lake with my friend Katherine who is a hunter and huge wolf advocate, a month before that she was in Idaho spending time at wolf sanctuary, she recorded wolfs howling,
I have 2 huskies and they howl just like wolves and I recorded that, we were sharing our videos on the phone, as soon as we stopped the video, unbelievable and amazing happened we heard a wolf howling and not even far away Loud and deep,

Share your wild animal stories.
Guys like us love to explore and part of what makes it amazing is wild animals we all love to see.

Pictures of antelope running. By susanville ca506639

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne