Am I paying to much?

tacollie

Glamper
We are looking at purchasing a 17+ F250. I started shopping in March right when covid started to take off. We ended up buying a rental property but I have been watching the prices. Trucks were $5k lower in the spring. Were they low then or are they high now?

I did a KBB search on our Tundra and its supposedly worth what I paid for it 18 months ago. All the ones for sale locally are $6k more than I paid for mine. We were going to keep it but if I can offset the higher truck prices I will sell it.

phsycle

Adventurer
Used truck prices are sky high right now. It was cheaper in spring for sure.

Pricing is a bit high right now for new trucks as well. Probably closer to 10%. So you will most likely end up paying more for it now; HOWEVER! this will be offset by the top dollar you will get for the Tundra. (Screw KBB. They never get the value right. Go with what you see locally). I’d sell it and get what you want.

If your state is like mine, you can do an “in and out” where you sell your truck privately, but structure it as a “trade in” at the dealer, so you save a ton on taxes.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Not sure if it's the same down there. But, I'd wait another month or so to see what kind of year end deals are out there.

Around here there still seems to be a lot of 2020 stock and still quite a few new 2019's on lots.

Local Ford dealership is advertising 22K off a new F150. Didn't say what model but I'd be guessing a Limited.

tacollie

Glamper
I should have mentioned we are looking for a less common model. Lariat super cab. She is really pushing for vented/heated seats. There is one 100 miles from me. I'm waiting to see what the sales guy says. Trucks are high in Colorado.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
The Supercab is the issue making it difficult to find.

Ford dealers rarely order a Supercab anymore as they are hard to sell.

Everybody now wants Crew Cabs.

tacollie

Glamper
Agreed. The truck I am looking at has only been on the lot 3 days. I'm going to wait and see if it sits. It has a good sized dent on the driver's side bed. $41k is a lot on a truck with a damaged bed side.

She is opening up to XLTs which quadruples our options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste