Am I being ridiculous?

nickw

Adventurer
I just got back from Moab and my average for complete trip which included off roading was 14.5 mpg hand figured. The stretch from Pocatello to Moab was 18mpg. This with 35's and topper. Going I filled in Missoula, Pocatello and again in Moab and coming back same just in reverse. 758 miles one way. Not the greatest but not terrible either.
Not bad at all for a HD offroad truck on 35's....I think most Tacomas would get the same with the oversize tires + topper.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I just got back from Moab and my average for complete trip which included off roading was 14.5 mpg hand figured. The stretch from Pocatello to Moab was 18mpg. This with 35's and topper. Going I filled in Missoula, Pocatello and again in Moab and coming back same just in reverse. 758 miles one way. Not the greatest but not terrible either.

I love that drive. Southern Idaho can be kinda ugly, but once you hit highway 93 it’s freaking gorgeous. Of course Moab is always a favorite. I never knew red rock could be so pretty until my first trip out that way.

jadmt

ignore button user
What? You don’t like mile after mile after mile of small rocks in flat fields of dead grass? ?
It is funny I grew up and live in western Montana and look at snow capped peaks from my house in any direction I get a kick out of those black lava fields. This my view this morning camping at flathead lake
IMG_20220628_200941410_HDR.jpg

jadmt

ignore button user
View attachment 729522

Duuuude.... You can't say you camp in a state campground here. Are you nuts?

Real overlanders drive hours and hours at 1.2 mph with a drone following them to remote places to prop a rock under one wheel, pop open an RTT and take a picture.

Jeeez..... you're gonna get us all banned.
Hell I am staying in a yurt and don't drink IPAs I'll be banned by noon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles