Always Wear Your Gear

Ala5ka

VX'er
I went out to the desert this last weekend, tried powering through a sandy wash and got thrown at about 40 mph. Long story short broken collar bone and separated shoulder. It could have been a lot worse. I'm convinced God and my gear saved me. Have a good helmet on all of the time and full coverage gear

9evesa5u.jpg

That's me on the floor behind the XT 600e

Always bring friends too

py2unese.jpg

Happy trails guys can't wait to be back out there with you

Longtallsally

Adventurer
And don't ride a KLR... :) Sorry, had to since I saw the RR on ADV. :D Very glad you are not too bent- thought you got a couple ribs as well? Get well and back on the saddle.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
that was the other guy,,, same day, 4 ribs, cracked c-4 and waaay bruised innerds

1stDeuce

Explorer
My experience on my KLR 250 and my friend's KLR 650 was that sand makes a KLR sleepy and it just wants to lay down and take a nap! Really sorry to hear about your spill and subsequent breakage. Heal quickly!!

And as they say on ADV: ATGATT!!
Chris

A

agavelvr

Great advice on wearing your geat. I'm the other guy that was on the trip and thankful my gear kept me from getting beat up worse. Sand isn't a problem for the KLR...hitting a pothole on a flat graded road at speed was though :sombrero:
Hope Ala5ka is feeling better these days!

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
I always at least wear thongs and shorts. Also some sort of glasses or goggles. Those are required by law.

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
Riding in the desert always reminds me the hard way about protective gear. Cactis needles go right through gortex/textile garments. Leather is better. To trees and scrubs in the desert, bare skin is just asking for it. Cholla jumps out at you, I'm sure!!!

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
I remember seeing this on your Instagram feed. Bumskies. I have a rule that I never dirtbike alone in tough stuff. Trail riding is OK though. I carry SPOT as well.

AZ ADVenturist

Observer
ATGATT?

What boots do you guys use for dual sport/ADV riding?
I need me some proper riding boots when my broke foot heals in about 2 months:'( bummer!

A

agavelvr

What boots do you guys use for dual sport/ADV riding?
I need me some proper riding boots when my broke foot heals in about 2 months:'( bummer!

I wear the Tech 3's also. I have a pair of Gaerne Balance boots as well in black leather instead of the oiled. They are a nice boot and easy to walk in, though I ride the tech 3's the vast majority of time because they are tougher.

Gearspoke

Adventurer
I always see these people in jeans, tanks and van shoes... all I see is dead man walking! Rocky Mountain (ATV/MC) is a pretty good site and bikebandit as well. At least those are the sites we normally shop from depending on their deals. Sorry to hear about the broken collar bone. Hopefully it was a funadventure before the fall!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94